cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS for EVO 3D

Journeyman

ICS for EVO 3D

OK, so the first quarter is over and HTC has released ICS for the EVO 3D. So, where is it?

42 REPLIES 42
Journeyman

Re: ICS for EVO 3D

I am guessing that they will wait till right before or right after they release the Evo 4G LTE phone so people will want to upgrade. It would be nice to get a date from Sprint though even if it is a ways from now.

Journeyman

They said "early 2012", not "first quarter 2012".

There are a few other HTC models that will be getting ICS before we do. I believe most of those models have already received (or soon will) the ICS update. More than that, no one can say.

Journeyman

Or you can just get the Evo 4G LTE phone that is coming out and then you will have ICS and LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's the plan anyway isn't it? Get the new handset on the market before upgrading the old units and hope as few people make good on threats to leave the carrier as possible. AT&T and T-Mobile have both got GB units rolling out ICS updates so, I guess Sprint has to decide on releasing after Verizon updates the XOOM (so they hold true to being dead last) or after the new EVO LTE (confirming delay may be marketing ploy)...exaclty how'd they get that customer service award again?

Journeyman

Sprint is testing my patients I mean I paid good money for my phone and service and It is only acceptable that they come out with these updates in a timely manner and properly support there phones, It is no longer viable to buy the latest and greatest in these economic times. So Sprint should wise up and simply out the freaking update. I mean I've been thinking about adding a line and what sprint has showed me is that a year from now there desire to sell new hardware will come before supporting there long time loyal customer's who decided to go with there service base on value. If you dont value your customers sprint they may no longer value you.

Journeyman

I agree,  the talk of ICS for the 3D first started around what?  October 2011?

It's now April 2012,  and we still don't have it!   What is the hold up?

It appears to me, that Sprint just doesn't want to release an update because that might persuade people to not buy the next latest and greatest phone they have coming out.  I'm sorry but we paid a lot of money for these phones,  and we should be getting these updates as they released.  Not rumors or expected dates that come and go.

Journeyman

HTC has not released any official update for the EVO 3D related to Android 4.0, and thus Sprint has not began to verify the update as it does not exist.

Those wishing to follow the progress of this can do so at the official HTC blog for ICS on it's older devices here:

http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/ics/

or by following their latest updates, and responses to users on Twitter, here:

https://twitter.com/#!/htc

Journeyman

well lets see if sprint dose not remove my post today last week it did[...] keep this PG, Sprint and HTC's Ice Cream sandwich waiting game[...]makes listening to Sprints's  and HTC'  broken record over n over easyer  hope that they will facilitate what the customers want NICE BIG SPOON of ICE CREAM SANDWICH as is no un need bolt ware!

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed profanity to make this post 'PG'

Master

When I read this last posts, I can't but wonder, how spoiled this people are.

If you recall (not just Sprint but every software developer example Windows, apple, IBM, etc) before they come up with updates, they make sure everything is tested, and properly calibrated so when you upgrade to the new software, your device will still be working, and will not show half of the icon or screen wont work or whatever error might happen. Specially since the jump for this update is huge, different fonts, etc.

I don't know about you guys, but I paid a good amount of money too (like someone mentioned), and I want my phone to be working after the update and not wait for another update to fix the first update.

Not to take more from your time, I just wanted to say, STOP being crybabies, and let them do their job, because I bet you guys will be the first to jump and scream if there are errors in the update.

If you guys can't wait for it, and since you guys sound so "tech savvy", The ICS has been out for almost 6 months now, go root your phone and install the update, this way you will be 1st to get all the other updates (you can always unroot back to Sprint if you don't like that).

At least we are getting the update. When is it going to happen?.... I will wait and see.

Peace

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Not very observant, no HTC wimax drivers no 4G for rooted updates, also no where else to get them but through Sprint, htc cannot and ethically would not release these drivers without consent of Sprint, and Sprints move today to discontinue the EVO 3D only reinforces the notion that, a mere year after release that bottom line to sell new hardware, your phone no longer will see support, and the argument unenlightened one DJ_D if you cant understand is that it does not take that long to code or release an update Sensation has it, EVO 3D came first share very similar SoC and is every bit as capable.

Bottom Line sprint see's us putting up a fuss over this, and see's the weight and truth of these words and has pulled a "all your bases are our" epic middle finger and discontinued the handset because th fact of the matter is that this is the truth EVO's only see one cycle and no one should buy the EVO LTE 4G because next year it will be discontinued online forcing you to go into the store to purchase one. Maybe you cannot decern what has happened but historically EVO has one cycle and then sprint washes there hands. forcing you to wait all year for an update that where you with another carrier you could already have the pride of ownership with, DJ you must work for sprint.

The whole thing is ridiculous less capable devices alreay have the update and those people are on other carrier' pride in ownership and your device IS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE and that is what we are demanding.

Master

Well... Let me start by saying that I DO NOT Work for Sprint.

That out of the way, dear truthaee, everyone has their opinion, and every company has their strategies.

I think you are not very observant yourself, since Android is an open source platform where everyone can do modifications and load drivers that are made available from Sprint. That has been since day one and it true today too, that's why is not called Macintosh.

If you do just a simple google search, you will find many ways that will show you how to root your phone and still have it working with Sprint and Still use 4G, all under the freedom of no bloadware, and nonsense programs, you can even overclock your processor if you fill you need more processing power.

To make a long story short, I'm not ok to sit and wait for an update for years and years, but in the same time, think what would you do if you were in Sprint's place?

You buy a laptop, and you upgrade and use it for as long as you can, many years go by before you buy a new one, if you want the phones to be the same way, then get ready to spend some serious cash for them (I can tell you because I'm from Europe and there, phones are full price, and not discounted like here in US). That's why I can sit and wait because I bought the phone for $300 not $600, and I bought my wife the I-phone for $300 and not $700 or $800.

Open-ended terms are a strategy that every company uses, and so does Sprint, they said beginning of the year, which is true from Jan1 till June 31, they didn't say first quarter, 1st month, they are never specific, a strategy that made Apple billions, just that apple doesn't say nothing, bringing the suspense even more.

Anyway, sorry for the long reply, but this is my 2 Cents.

OH and By the Way, just so we are clear, I DO NOT WORK FOR SPRINT

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat