cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS for EVO 3D

Patron

Re: ICS for EVO 3D

I personally do not care if they ever release ICS, as I will never buy another HTC. 

The speaker volume does go high enough for me for starters...My daughters Samsung is twice as loud.

I continually have problems with my SD card coming undocked and I have to remove the battery and restart.

Also, people tell me they can't understand me when I am talking.

So, the only option I see now is getting an I Phone as they do not have as many problems as I have had with the HTC.  I started with the 4g and went to the 3d and it is not a very good phone.

I do not need to root my phone, what I need is a phone that works and this isn't it.

Journeyman

Think of it this way, guys. The faster they get the update out, the more bugs there will be.

All things considered, HTC gets these things out faster than most other phone manufacturers. Do I wish we could get it sooner? You bet. But if they rush it out the door because we were screaming and hollering about the delays on these forums, you would then turn around and scream and holler about the bugs that were introduced with the patch.

Highlighted
Wizard

The way some people go on about this is a bit extreme.  Fantacis make it sound like ICS is the second coming.  Updates are welcomed, but how dramatically are they going to change the mobile phone experience?  Email will still be email.  Text messages will still be sent and recieved.  Web browsing will be exactly the same.  Not to mention phone calls.

Probably the most important update came when Flash was implemented.  When things were updated from Froyo to Gingerbread, how much did the android experience change?  I predict it will be the same.  People want it now because it is coming soon. 

Here's my prediction:

Oh yeah, the ICS update is being pushed.  Woo hoo!

Installing...installing...

Come on.  Come on.

Installation complete.  Oh yeah.

Okay, that done.  I guess I can back to life.

Then a few hours later:

Dammit!  ICS bricked my phone.

What, I still can't get rid of this bloatware?!?

I smell class action lawsuit.

I so can't wait for my contract to end so I can switch to AT&T.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  I can't wait until google starts making announcement for Jelly Bean.

Wizard

IowaAmigo wrote:

I personally do not care if they ever release ICS, as I will never buy another HTC. 

The speaker volume does go high enough for me for starters...My daughters Samsung is twice as loud.

I continually have problems with my SD card coming undocked and I have to remove the battery and restart.

So, the only option I see now is getting an I Phone as they do not have as many problems as I have had with the HTC.  I started with the 4g and went to the 3d and it is not a very good phone.

I do not need to root my phone, what I need is a phone that works and this isn't it.

Download "Equalizer" in the Play Store (app market). That will increase the volume on your phone. I was warned by a Sprint tech to "be careful, that could blow out your speaker" but it hasn't. I have been using the program since day one.

Journeyman

Which "Equalizer"? By which company?

Thanks

Journeyman

Thanks DJ_Damanjo, FYI I am running meanROM with OC to 1.7 Ghz I am fuly aware of root and all things root have been since the Apache and the Mogul one of my all time favs I flashed nearly on a daily basis. I dont know if you are aware that there are 4.0 ROMs for the E3D ( I know you know this) that arent capable of 4G or Camera (must not be aware) and we wont be able to use this until Sprint releases the update. Now I upgraded this line from a hero and added a EVO 4G a few months prior just before the EVO 3D dropped, I will upgrade next year likely but I wish to know that the device that I purchase has adequate support. and then and only then can I show off my phone for having the latest and greatest early and unlimited data, its just as much a marketing device for Sprint then their stupid ploy that pisses the capable people off.

Wizard

ItsMeee wrote:

Which "Equalizer"? By which company?

Thanks

Equalizer by Smart Android Apps LLC

Journeyman

I know LOL...  But it seems at this rate I would rather wait for JB if we can be sure it is coming to the 3D...

Journeyman

MeatMan69 wrote:

IowaAmigo wrote:

Download "Equalizer" in the Play Store (app market). That will increase the volume on your phone. I was warned by a Sprint tech to "be careful, that could blow out your speaker" but it hasn't. I have been using the program since day one.

You should listen to the tech.

The reason the external speaker is so quiet is that HTC uses cheap speakers. Just because your speaker doesn't blow out right away doesn't mean you're not shortening the lifespan of your speaker by running apps like that.

Wizard

underseer wrote:

MeatMan69 wrote:

IowaAmigo wrote:

You should listen to the tech.

The reason the external speaker is so quiet is that HTC uses cheap speakers. Just because your speaker doesn't blow out right away doesn't mean you're not shortening the lifespan of your speaker by running apps like that.

If the speaker ever does blow I'll have Sprint fix it or I will "lose it at Walmart" and get a new one.

The tech has no reason to lie but I've been running my Evo 3D for a year with no problems.

Patron

You are sooo right...cheap speakers.

I did download the equalizer app but it didn't change a thing.

The only problem with losing it is it costs $100.00 and you can only lose 1 a year.

Prior to Evo 3d I had Evo 4g and it wasn't much better.  My Evo 4G charging port broke and the store I went to told me it had water damage.  Ironically, my phone had never been close to water, but it cost me $100 anyway.  They7 sent me a new 4g and it never worked right out of the box.  Then they replaced it with 3D and it is somewhat better but still not what is advertised.  I just wish they could make a decent phone instead of making a race to see who can put the most new models out in a year.

Wizard

IowaAmigo wrote:

You are sooo right...cheap speakers.

I did download the equalizer app but it didn't change a thing.

The only problem with losing it is it costs $100.00 and you can only lose 1 a year.

Prior to Evo 3d I had Evo 4g and it wasn't much better.  My Evo 4G charging port broke and the store I went to told me it had water damage.  Ironically, my phone had never been close to water, but it cost me $100 anyway.  They7 sent me a new 4g and it never worked right out of the box.  Then they replaced it with 3D and it is somewhat better but still not what is advertised.  I just wish they could make a decent phone instead of making a race to see who can put the most new models out in a year.

Did you open the program and under the equalizer tab pull all the bars up to the top? I have the same phone and it is quite noticeable when it is off and when it is running. Prior to this phone I also had an Evo 4G and before that the pathetic Palm Pre (the iPhone Killer) ha, ha.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat