cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUES WITH HEADPHONE JACK

Highlighted
Journeyman

ISSUES WITH HEADPHONE JACK

For a while now i had been using a bluetooth headset with my phone well untill the headset stopped working so I decided to go back to I wired one only to find out that the headphone jack no longer works or it just does not switch the output I remember that every time I plugged it an icon would show up in the notification area it would be one of two depending on the headphones (with or without mic) so my question is has anyone had this issue and if yes did you fix it or are you stuck using wireless headsets I don't wanna replace it as everything else is working fine plus I have seen a few posts of users complaining that their replacement phone had more issues than the one they originally got replaced or worse yet they got an EVO 4G cause EVO 3d was no longer available

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: ISSUES WITH HEADPHONE JACK

The Headset Blocker app should take care of it: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idunnolol.headsetblocker&hl=en

I haven't used it since upgrading my EVO 3D to Ice Cream Sandwich; it very rarely thinks my headphones are a headset now. Before, it was a pain until I found this app.

Journeyman

Re: ISSUES WITH HEADPHONE JACK

Thanks I'll check it out but I was looking for an actual fix you know that makes the headphones work like they should when you plug them in instead of a toggle switch that I have to turn on everytime

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat