cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Go to solution
Master

Re: Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

CANGRICK27 I'm truly sorry you're having these issues. Please allow me the opportunity to turn this experience around. To determine if this issue is network related, please provide the cross streets to narrow the search and the model of the device. Thanks for your patience. Khalid Sprint Social Care.
Journeyman

Re: Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Try the hole zip code and I know it's not just my phone I've had friends with sprint and they have had problems in the same area but they have switched to another carrier. Cross street I guess would be state hwy 106 and county road n.

Master

CANGRICK27 -Thank you for responding. We've checked the whole zip code, although there were no issue noted, we've notified our network team. Our network team will take a close look into this issue and correct anything that we may have overlooked. We're here to help. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have been having the same problem for the past EIGHTEEN DAYS.  I have called Sprint Customer Service twice, and have been told there is a tower problem, and that I will be contacted with an update in 72 hours.  On neither occasion did I receive an update.

They have told me they have no estimate as to when this will be fixed.  I don't know what the point is of having a smartphone and paying for a data plan when I don't have access to the internet, or the access is so slow that everything times out.

I am in zipcode 33617 and the cross streets are 56th Street and Oak Ridge Avenue.

It's bad enough that I have no internet access, but the poor customer service (saying they will provide an update and then not providing it, as well as not having an accessible email address for customer service to report a problem to) is appalling.

I am frustrated to the point that I am looking at other providers; some of them apparently will reimburse whatever Sprint charges me when I leave. 

Master

NWL1

We really would not like to see you go. I took a look into the local area for you and the ticket that was open has closed. What kind of phone do you have?

- Jean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have an iPhone 4S.

When was the ticket closed? And does that mean the tower problem is fixed?

Master

NWL1

The ticket closed yesterday evening and it would mean the issue with the tower is currently fixed. You can update your device by dialing ##873283# and tapping the call button.

- Jean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I performed the update twice. The Internet connection is no better.

Master

NWL1

At this time you are not getting any data connection at all? What happens when you try to use Safari?

- Jean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have tried testing the connection two ways: with Safari and with Youtube.

With Safari, one of two things happens: either it takes forever to load but finally does load, or I get a blank page telling me I'm not connected to the Internet.

With Youtube, it either plays only the audio, saying the connection won't support video, or it does nothing and displays the following message: "Your connection is too poor to play this video".

Nineteen days and counting...

Journeyman

I have tried testing the connection two ways: with Safari and with Youtube.

With Safari, one of two things happens: either it takes forever to load but finally does load, or I get a blank page telling me I'm not connected to the Internet.

With Youtube, it either plays only the audio, saying the connection won't support video, or it does nothing and displays the following message: "Your connection is too poor to play this video".

Nineteen days and counting...

Master

NWL1, Have you tried any trouble shooting? Is the software on the device updated? Let us know. We are here to help. - Lori
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat