cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

3 months left and good bye sprint. Connectivity has been horrible for a month, wonder if your taking up AT&T habits throttling speeds. Yes my phones up to date, I've read the helping hints, and nothing works, we have iphone 5 and at $196.00 A month my phone should be as fast as Comcast why can't you give me what I'm paying for come February good bye high priced carrier with poor service.

Journeyman

Re: Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

I have updated the software and am still having the issue: slow-or-no-data connection.

Is it possible I'm being throttled?

Master

pattersontree,

I certainly do not want you to be seeing slow speeds. Would you mind if I check out the towers around you? I would just need your cross streets and zip to get a good look. Let me know, I would be honored.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Master

NWL1

What we do is prioritize, not throttle. Please review this link http://bit.ly/1fY3zLb for information relating to how we improve the data connection for all our customers by prioritizing. We will report this issue to our network team so they can double check the area for you. Keep us posted.

- Keisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm not interested in semantics: I don't care what pc name you call throttling. I've already read your "prioritization" detritus, which was not the plan Sprint's CEO personally advertised on television as being NO limits, and which I have had and have been paying for ever since then.

But that's not the point: the point is I have had little to no data connectivity for the past THREE WEEKS, and I'm trying to find out why. Is it a problem with Sprint's system, or something Sprint is doing intentionally, or whatever it is, so I can get it solved if it can be solved, or move to another carrier if it can't.

To whomever replies: please don't give me any more pious lectures on what to call throttling. As someone who has experienced poor service for the past THREE WEEKS, the last thing I need is snotty attitude.

What I need is an answer as to whether Sprint has been intentionally slowing my data connection, which the previous representative failed to give after her lecture; and a solution, if there is one, to the slow/no data connection I have been experiencing for the past three weeks, or an acknowledgement that there is no solution, if there isn't.

Master

NWL1,

I have looked over your correspondence. I am sorry to see that you are having data issues. I am not seeing a location for you. Could you let me know of your location with cross streets and zip code? I would like to see what is going on with the service in your area. I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Please let me know so I can look into this for you.

- Bran
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

To anyone from Sprint who replies to my issue:

It takes SEVEN very sloooow page loads, assuming the connection doesn't fail on one of them - which is a poor assumption - for me to reply to you via this Byzantine system. If you can email me directly (with something other than a 'do-not-reply' return address), please do.

If not, please don't ask for information I have already provided, such as my location. I provided this information in my very first post on this issue, six days ago.

TWENTY-FIVE days, and counting...

Journeyman

Still having the same issue; no response to my 11/2 post.

27 days and counting.

Master

NWL1,

I’m sorry to hear of the ongoing issues that you have reported. I’m not seeing any outages currently in the area. I have reported the issues that you are experiencing from the nearby cell site on Ballard Parkway to my network team to monitor and assess. Please update your data profile and keep us updated on your data speeds.

Regards,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Still no response to my 11/2 post.

Still no improvement in the data issues.

Thirty-two days and counting.

Hey Sprint "Care", any response from the network team (the tower is on BUllard)?

Any other ideas on how to solve this?

Master

NWL1,

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the delayed response. I've checked the location, and see that all service tickets have cleared. The only this that needs to be done now, is that the device needs to be updated as well. To update your device, connect to WiFi, and go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. When the device reboots, reconnect to the WiFi and dial ##873283#. Monitor the device calculate performance changes. Keep us posted on your results.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have updated the device at least a dozen times over the past month; however, I updated it again yesterday.

There is no change.

I don't know how to calculate performance changes, but if you send me the formula(s) or a link to them, I will be happy to do that.

I still have had no answer to my 10/31 post.

Thirty-four days and counting...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat