cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it my 3G antena, Sprint network or Evo 3D for this...

Highlighted
Master

Is it my 3G antena, Sprint network or Evo 3D for this...

For the past 2-3 weeks I have tracked my speed for the 3G and it's terrible. I have contacted Sprint tech support, and they blame my phone that is not pulling enough from the network, and that the network shows great speeds.

I've attached some screen shots for the 3G, 4G and WiFi speed tests I've done, which seems to be the average I get here in Vegas.

What makes me doubt about my phone is that, even though my home connection is 10+Mbs, and I connect my phone to my Airave, I still get a ping and speed as if I was outside connected to Sprint 3G network.

Please help me figure out if it is my 3G antenna, Sprint network, or the EVO in general that has the issue by posting your speeds please.

2012-06-17_16-58-11.jpg  2012-06-17_17-04-58.jpg  2012-06-15_18-01-39.jpg

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Is it my 3G antena, Sprint network or Evo 3D for this...

I have the exact same problem on my Evo 3D.  For example, when I had my original EVO 4G, I could allow my brother to connect to my mobile hotspot at the campground and he could play Call of Duty: Black Ops on the PS3 Network.  Once I upgraded to my EVO 3D, this was no longer possible, I can't even watch Netflix via my PS3 without it buffering every few minutes....so i'm deducing it to a bad antenna, and i've had the same problem with the 3 advance exchanges I have had on my phone as well.

Journeyman

Network, not the antenna......Mine has done the same thing over the past couple of months.

I have seen my phone pull down 1.2 on 3G and then 2 hours later it barely can pull 250kbs.

Journeyman

I just moved here from Toledo, OH and I had the same problems there that I do here and everywhere else i've gone that is not 4g

Master

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat