Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyone happy with their phone or is it just a complaint board...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there anyone happy with their phone or is it just a complaint board...

I like the phone myself.  If people are really unhappy with it maybe they should go back to the Evo 4G.  I am just saying! 

55 REPLIES 55
Highlighted
Journeyman

I started out with the going to school for programming in accounting on a main frame using Cobol.  Back then IBM was just putting desktop computers out to compete with Apple and the likes of other companies entering into the market.  So I was asked to head up the project to start an Information Center with computers and Execs getting them.  Needless to say my experience with manipulating date transfered down to the PC's and conversions from Apple diff over to Lotus.  I could work both sides of the fence.  As years progressed I moved into networks and servers / data communication and just about anything that was thrown at me.  So I became very well rounded in hardware, software and communications.  Which can be a curse or an assest depending on which direction your going into.

My son grew up with all of my computer experience and probably has passed me up on some of the server side of things.  He went to ITT Tech and graduated with high grades with a Bachelor's degrree.  Let me say that was very expensive so I am glad he finished.  He is sticking with the network side of the business where I still deal with the network and end user support.  I think the end user support is what has me burned out.  If I have heard it once I have heard it a million times I really don't know much about computers. LOL   "So your basically telling me your too stupid to learn?"

But you see I am 61 this year and for some reason really feel it.  I would rather be retired now and riding my Harley all over the country and just enjoy the scenery.  So to all of the young people out there don't let the government try to have you working till you die for some company out there that is making money off of you.  Companies don't really give a hoot about you and what they tell you is all lip service to try and make you think they really care.  So look out for number one.

Highlighted
Master

Thank you for your wise suggestions mikecope. Message received loud and clear. I'm also into the networking, more on the security side of it though. Made me think for a while .

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

Put me in the happy column.  I do agree that these forums seem to be more of a complaint board than anything else and it seems to be getting worse, at least here at sprint community.

Highlighted
Master

Rick, keep in mind, who has no problems with the phones doesn't come here to write how great his/her phone is, only ppl that need help come and complain (most of the times though, I think it's user error), and there is few of us that actually are in the happy page but just come here to be enlighted more and maybe help someone

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

Yeah I get that but it just seems like in the last six months or so the comments are a lot more negative.  It used to be people would list their issue ask for help and move on.  Now its more like "I have this **** problem and it better get fixed or I'm going to******* and ***** and sprints mother!!  I know its frustrating when things go wrong - for me the phone is vital to my business- but still its just a phone.  I guess with all the recent and ongoing issues with the updates and coverage loss I can understand, but the majority of people here are regular users not Sprint reps.  Oh well just my two cents (probably eight cents if the gov. defaults)

Highlighted
Journeyman

its all good for now still new to sprint and the phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Completely happy with my phone. Well I was until it got stolen from me last night. Going through withdrawls here until my replacement arrives. Hopefully my next one will be as awesome as my last one was. I understand that some of these 3Ds have been working better than others. I don't want my experience to go from happy to horrified. (fingers crossed)

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the complaints dont usually bother me that much...its the lawsuit screaming that annoys me...really? jumping to lawsuit talk over your phone not working properly? wow... seen that quite a few times lately

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

EpicBlunder -

How do you expect a new(er) technology to succeed or to go in to widespread adoption?  Do TV's get released, then the movies to support them no.. 3d has been around for ages it's just making a comeback.  Why is the Evo3d a waste of time or money?  Beyond the 3d aspect, you have a powerful dual core handset that takes great pictures and has good call quality, it is a phone you know.  Every phone in the super phone category will have some sort of gimmick to out the rest of them, whether it's dual or even quad core, 2d, 3d, 8 megapixel 12 megapixel etc..  I see the 3d as a slight gimmick that will probably be seen as a crack in the dam that opened up the industry to mobile 3d.  Remember how long it took for HD to take hold?  It's been out there for ages it seems but really has taken off in the past 4 years.  The EVO 4G rocked the industry and is still revered as the first superphone.  The 3D will also be seen as an industry first that helped push a technology in to widespread adoption.

Highlighted
Wizard

I couldn't agree more.  I think the 3D is a bit gimmicky, but it's also pretty cool.  There's not a phone out there with better all around specs, either.  This phone is a beast and I'm very satisfied.  If they would have put the same specs in it as the EVO 4G and just added 3D, then it would suck.  But, they've made it a real powerhouse and it has 3D.  I haven't gotten into using the 3D a whole lot, but everyone at work keeps wanting to play with it because nothing else has it.  It is an amazing phone, hands down.  There's no way I would take a step back down to the EVO 4G.  It was a great phone, but this one blows it away.

Highlighted

I agree totally. Sprint isn't a perfect company, but they are trying. There should be a complaint line for those that have them, but the community should be more positive,

Highlighted

nini58230 wrote:

I agree totally. Sprint isn't a perfect company, but they are trying. There should be a complaint line for those that have them, but the community should be more positive,

There is a Rant Section to post your complaints. I like my smartphone, but hate the thought of upgrading and paying $10 smartphone fee for all my smartphones (4 of them) when I already have a smartphone without a fee, hate they discountinued the International Data Roaming Plan which I will also loose if an ESN change happens, and hate the lack of Network Vision Information. Sprint has messed up a few bills, but the Rep's on here do get abused by some folks. The hates I listed are not the Rep's fault, those were changed by folks way up the food chain and the Rep's didn't have anything to do with them.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat