cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network connectivity

Journeyman

Hi and thanks in advance for your reply.

For some reason my evo 3d will disconnect from the network (in my pocket or at work which is fine) but it will not reconnect when I get in a better service area. The mobile network is checked in the settings and in the quick settings. It says turning on and seems to get hung up there. I have the enable always on checked and that still doesn't help. The only way I can get the 3g to come back on is by restarting the phone. I hold the power button and restart it that way.

Is anyone else having this issue where the mob ile network will not turn back on? If so, can you tell me how to fix it. I don't want to restart my phone everytime to be able to use it.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

This only occurs with the 3G connection. Anyone out there with the same issue? I really don't want to bring it to a sprint store or BB.

Wizard

Re: Mobile network connectivity

LUIS041,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your phone. When you have this happen do you get any kind of error message or anything come up; for example when you try to access an application when it's in that state does it pop up saying connection error, retry, exit, or anything?

Journeyman

Hi Shane_M, Thanks for the reply. I do not get any error messages it is really wierd to me and is sporadic. Sometimes I don't get cell signal at work and the 3g goes out and it just will not turn back on; almost like it is hung up. Turning on just blinks?? The only error message taht comes up is the on telling me that there is no data connection avaialble; which is quite obvious. I wonder if there is a way to reprovision the phone. On my old blackberry that would some issues not sure if I can do it on this phone or not though.

Any ideas or suggestionsare much appreciated. I really don't want to bring it to a sprint store or BB agian where I purchased it. I like the phone, it is just frustraing as I don't get any email during this either.

Thanks

Wizard

Re: Mobile network connectivity

LUIS041,

Try performing an update profile next time you have this happen, does it go through successful or does it give you any kind of error? Has this been happening since you got the device or did it just recently start? I have seen a few reports of something similar to what you're experiencing but nothing has been posted on our known issues list or investigations yet. I'm posting the steps below for updating the profile just incase you aren't familiar with the process because you mentioned you moved from a blackberry.

1. From Home screen.
  2. Press Menu, then tap Settings.
  3. In Settings, flick Up and tap System updates.
  4. Tap Update profile.
  • You will see Device Configuration - The network is preparing your service. Please wait.
    • Do not interrupt this process.
  • If the screen goes into sleep mode you may tap the screen to wake up the phone.
  • Do not hold down the End key as it will interrupt the process.
  1. Tap OK to return to Home screen.
Journeyman

OK, thank you for this. It is doing it right now and it is frustrating as heck. I don't want to have to restart my phone everyday for emails! Once again there are no error messages. The only thing that it does is that it will not let me turn off the mobile network from the pull down quick notifications. It is as if nothing happens when I push it and all its says is turning on. I can go to the settings and turn it off. When I do and turn it back on nothing happens? I get the check that it is on or turned on, but no network.
I will do the update profile after it yet another restart.

To answer your question

The problem just started about a week ago. Were I work the signal can gets lost, but it shoud be able to find it again. I has in the past. I am not sure what to do. Like I said, I don't want to take it to BB or sprint.

Thanks

Luis

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat