Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement causing media to pause

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

When I carry the EVO 3D around in my pocket while listening to media, the phone pauses and unpauses itself.  How do I prevent that from happening?

This is driving me crazy.  😉

Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

If you have the screen facing toward your body the heat might activate the buttons on your phone.  This happened to me when I first got a touch screen phone.  In my case it was calling people randomly ( quite embarrassing ).  Rick

Journeyman

Are you using headphones?  I'm assuming you are.  There's a bug where the phone thinks the headphones are actually a headset.  I only had problems with this behavior while running or biking.  I would get pauses, switches to other apps, random calling, etc.

There's a free app available in the Android Market called Headset Blocker that should keep this from happening.

Journeyman

BROWNST3 wrote:

Are you using headphones?  I'm assuming you are.  There's a bug where the phone thinks the headphones are actually a headset.  I only had problems with this behavior while running or biking.  I would get pauses, switches to other apps, random calling, etc.

There's a free app available in the Android Market called Headset Blocker that should keep this from happening.

Do you happen to know what triggers this bug? So far my phone seems to understand the difference between headphones and headsets.

Journeyman

It"s something with the phone thinking headphones are a headset.  It's intermittent.  In doing some searches, I found it was a problem with the EVO 4G.  I never had a problem with this with my EVO 4G.  I started having the problem when I got the EVO 4D.  When you plug in the headphones, it show the headphone icon.  When the problem behavior happens, the icon has changed to the headset icon.  I'm not sure what exactly causes this to happen, other than it's a bug somewhere in the software, from what others have said.  It's possible could be hardware related, I suppose.  Using the Headset Blocker app prevents any of this from happening for me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat