cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EVO 3D Email is not synching - GMail is fine

Highlighted
Journeyman

My EVO 3D Email is not synching - GMail is fine

My email client is not synching with Comcast. Rechecked settings - I am able to send messages, but not receive any mail. I can receive mail on my home PC. Webacess of Comcast.net is fine.

GMail works fine

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: My EVO 3D Email is not synching - GMail is fine

Tarooka,

Thanks for visiting Sprint's Community forum regarding the inability to receive e-mails. I apologize that you are experiencing this issues, and I am happy to assist your further. To begin, are youcertain that your have both the incoming and outgoing e-mail servers correct? Also, do you have any specific time frame set for your device to check for new e-mail messages?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: My EVO 3D Email is not synching - GMail is fine

Yes, I double checked (what is the proper term for 10X?) .

mail.comcast.net - SSL "on" - port 995. SMTP.comcast.net SSL "on" - port 465 The timing is set for every 30 minutes.

I downloaded K-9 another Android mail client and it will download 50 old messages and when I delete those messages no further synching is possible.

I found a solution - I changed incoming server to pop.comcast.net and it worked; not sure why, but it now functions.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat