cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My New HTC Evo 3D CONSTANTLY Shuts Down!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband's doesn't, but mine does!  What am I supposed to do?  It's a pain in the neck popping the phone out of the Otter Box!!! 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: My New HTC Evo 3D CONSTANTLY Shuts Down!

Hello TheTVDuchess, do you have any task killer or security software installed on your Evo 3D?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do, but I don't use it, I really only use the phone's default one (and uber rarely).  I downloaded Super Box because I like that it tells me when to move things to SD.  I have Lookout Premium installed and it runs it's back up weekly.

A bit more info on the matter:

The phone is barely 2 months old (if that) and I am constantly being forced to pop the phone out of the Otter Box, open the case, remove the battery, replace the battery, and then pop everything back into place and turn on the phone.  It'll shut off within an hour again, and I have to rinse and repeat.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Far more often then not problems of this sort are caused by installed software. you may want to consider removing some apps that one may suspect as causing the problem. I would start by removing any security software, task killers/app managers and any other software that may be defined as a utility software. if the problem persists you may want to backup your data and consider performing a factory reset. and before reinstalling all of your apps try using the phone for a while, at least long enough to determine the phone is not crashing in a reasonable timeframe compared to before the reset, then start adding apps a few at a time, waiting between batches to try to determine which app may be causing this. and also keep in mind that you are welcome to have the phone checked in a Service Center, the technician may be able to determine which apps is causing the problem, assuming there is no problem with the phone it's self.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I appreciate you responding so quickly.  However, I'm sorry, that is ridiculous.  My husband's phone works fine and he practically only downloads utility apps.  I am sorry, Sprint suggested I download the Lookout software, I paid $30 for the service I am not removing iit.  Why would they knowingly suggest to their customers software that would harm their phones?

On the web, a lot of people are complaining about this power cycling issue.  And it's both people who have rooted their phones or haven't.  It's both people who haven't installed any apps at all and people who have.  This is a defect in the hardware, not the applications the end user has installed.  Just like how there is no good volume on the speakers, nor will apps show their icons if they've been moved to the SD card unless you get the Apps Organizer app.

Perhaps there is a secondary issue that we could look into?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Taking your phone to a service center would be the best choice if you feel this problem is not related to installed applications. the Store's technician can pull debugging information to determine what is causing your phone to reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, I have scheduled an appointment for tomorrow!  Much thanks to you!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Thank you, please feel welcome to come back here with any questions that you have.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat