cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contacts dont show up in contacts/phonebook

Journeyman

New contacts dont show up in contacts/phonebook

I have an HTC EVO 3D.. new contacts I add to my phone dont show up in my contacts list. If I bring up the contacts and scroll down they're not there. They're in my phone somewhere because their name will show up if I receive texts or calls and if I call or compose texts and start typing in their name or number it'll pop up. How can I get them to show up on my list of contacts? If I upgrade my phone and transfer the numbers over I want to make sure all numbers move over.

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: New contacts dont show up in contacts/phonebook

hapa.haole,

Thanks for your Community post regarding an issue you are experiencing with your contacts now showing up in your phonebook. I apologize that you are experiencing this issue, and I am happy to assist your further. To begin. when you add a number to your contacts does your device confirm where the number is being stored? For example, does it indicate that it is being stored in your via your Gmail contacts. Also, on your device, what contact list have you specified your device to display?

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

When in Contacts, open up settings, and look for Display.

Go down through that list of contacts to display. There is probably a category that is unchecked and that should be your culprit.

Journeyman

just checked my gmail account and looked in contacts and noticed all the contacts were saved there, i guess that's good so i really dont lose any numbers. I got it fixed now though, was just a simple box I had to check.. I never checked it before because I didnt want to mess anything up lol, I usually never sync my phone with my email contacts. thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks, it was a drop down box at the top and I clicked on gmail contacts.. and it worked, thanks!

Wizard

hapa.haole,

Thanks so much for returning to this post and keeping us posted on the outcome. I am glad to see this issue has been resolved. In the event you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via any of our Social Networking channels.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.