cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ICS update for EVO 3D is disgraceful and offensive.

Wizard

Re: No ICS update for EVO 3D is disgraceful and offensive.

I am disappointed as well. I had the original EVO and recieved the infamous 2.3 update which was so jacked up that half the features on most of our phones didn't work. I forgave them for that and upgraded to the 3D. Then, I was happy to see that we were actually going to get the ICS update. I really felt like I made the right decision getting the phone. Well, in a nutshell, my wife and I upgrade in a month and are not getting the new EVO. It's going to be two GS3's and I haven't decided whether or not it's going to be Sprint. I live in Lafayette, IN and never got Wimax. We were one of the first six places to get Verizon's LTE and AT&T followed shortly after, not because we are a huge city (just over 100,000), but we have Purdue University, which is a Big Ten school. The point I'm trying to make is, when I got my first EVO, I was told that we would have 4G in no time, especially since the two other carriers already had it here. Well, 2 1/2 years later, no Wimax ever officially made it, and no LTE in sight. They told me at the Sprint store that we'll  have LTE within six months. I think I've heard that song and dance before.

Journeyman

My 3D is working fine, however I was told to expect ICS long before now. I know I would certainly appreciate an update from Sprint on when or if ICS will be rolled out to the 3D. Ignoring customers is seldom a good business practice.

Journeyman

Ignoring customers like you is a different game. It's all fine but you want more... typical American...

Journeyman

I think the idea of wanting what you were told you were getting is beyond an American idea. That's kind of human nature.So again, nice try trolling. Go ask your parents for some attention next time instead of trying to get peope to flip out about your unimaginative and copy & pasted comments you are just splashing around threads as bait.

As for everyone else, it sounds like a lot of us are feeling the same way. I am a loyal customer and really want to be happy with my company. I am not expecting my phone to work wonders beyond it's capability. I am expecting the service I was told I was getting. I am expecting my device to do what this same device does on other networks. I do not enjoy feeling I am part of an inferior network. Armyeodsgt already touched on the empty 4G promises and those time tables having come and gone as well. I am not looking to upgrade my device even though Sprint loves to inform me I am due. They have no problem with that schedule. Just like everyone else, this isn't an empty threat to try to get them to move or respond. Sprint does not seem to embrace Android and keep the updates rolling out when available as Verizon. When I am ready for my next device you can be sure I will be considering them. The longer the silence and lack of response goes with no resolution the less likely I will want to continue to do business with this company. So please Sprint, don't let us walk away. The updates are live on other networks for this specific device. What is the hold up?

Journeyman

I was promised the update when I bought my phone. I would like Sprint to keep the promise or at least give a status update, I don't see where that's unreasonable. I'm not sure what you mean by "customers like you" but it looks like you have an emotional problem and are trying to bait everyone. Possibly you should go back on your meds or get the dosage increased.

As for your typical "American" comment I assume you mean the U.S.; another arrogant assumption. I am American however I'm from Central America, and I like it here just fine (here legally I might add). If typical Americans bother you so much I suggest you return to wherever you came from and snipe, bitch & whine from there.

In parting, I'll make a few assumptions of my own. You're short, overweight, socially inept and angry about your lot in life. I'm probably also correct in assuming that your parents had to tie a porkchop around your neck to get the family dog to play with you.

Oh, this is the only time I've ever checked this thread and I won't be back so I'll miss your retort.

Journeyman

So,  July is about up.....  August maybe?  LMAO!

Journeyman

August is our most current time table, yeah. Obviously not holding my breath, but at least they said something about it.

Journeyman

Blowing smoking up paying customers asses is definitely saying something....  It's says "we don't care, deal with it!"

Journeyman

whether they stick to what they say or not is a whole nother story. it certainly wouldn't surprise anyone. them responding by pushing the date back is far from ok, but for now I am just saying at least they are still saying they will release it. the silence before was making me start to assume the worst.

Journeyman

they shoudl give us the newest one instead at the rate they are going that would be much more beneficial then this ice cream sandwich which as people keep saying isn't that big of a deal. But they probably won't give us that update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone updated today, midday.

So far, so good.

Evo 3D, Milwaukee

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat