cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No kickstand?

Journeyman

No kickstand?

I am a current Evo 4G owner. I am wondering if this Evo 3D is for sure going to be missing the kickstand? It seems odd that the next Evo would have a huge upgrade to the display (3D, aspect ratio, and resolution) for better viewing of movies and videos, and take away the kickstand that I currently use to view videos on my current Evo.  Is this set in stone or is there a chance that the Evo 3D will ship with a kickstand?  Does anyone know why the kickstand was removed? It just doesn't make any sense to me why the kickstand would be left out.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: No kickstand?

Seriously, no kickstand?... It's the only chance we have ( without buying something ) at protecting the camera lens.  Edited: Did some searching and it's been stated they'll make a case backing with a kickstand.  Not that I use a case, but it's definitely an option.

Highlighted
Wizard

I was worried about the kickstand too but I guess if a case is all that is offered then that will have to do. They gotta have a kickstand with the new graphics!!!

Master

Many ppl were complaining about the kickstand not working, because the evo was very easily flipping, specially if you had a case on it, so I guess the decided to just take it off. Personally I haven't really used the kickstand that much, so no difference for me if it comes with or not.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

I use my kickstand a lot to watch videos and listen to music. I do not like laying my phone face down and the speaker is on the back!

Journeyman

Exactly!

The reasoning for not including the kickstand on the Evo 3D is they wanted to add all the extras without adding the weight.

While that is fine, in that sense, I hope they can come up with an optional back for the phone that can replace the current back and not just some add-on that adds girth to the phone, such as was shown in this prototype.

evo3dcasei.jpg

Wizard

wow! not sure I look the way that looks...seems kind of bulky!

GrandMaster

No kickstand?

now THAT is a freakin kick stand lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

lol I could hear that one in my head fireguy_63!

GrandMaster

No kickstand?

that would eliminate the phone falling over for sure....well hopefully.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

No kickstand?

would be BEST if they could create a battery cover that had the kickstand built into it rather than a case itself. Just make a slightly thicker battery cover.

Journeyman

No kickstand?

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/302508-evo-4g-successor-evo-3d-bsod-thread.html  if you read in here this guy says its going to have a very nice kickstand he works for the manufacturer.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat