cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access email - was working previously

Journeyman

Not able to access email - was working previously

I am not able to access my email suddenly.  I was able to until Tuesday.  I've gone back in and reinput my log in info, have taken the battery out, but still it's not working.  What can be causing this?

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Not able to access email - was working previously

Is your web working on your phone? What is the error message you get   when you  access  your email. Also turn off your Wi-Fi and update profile (menu-setting -system updates-update profile) on your phone. What kind of email that you have in your phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It just says login failed.  I've changed my password, reentered it, etc.  I can get onto the internet and my gmail account, just not my yahoo, which is my primary.  I just deleted it and recreated it.  It's working but that is annoying.  Hope these bugs get worked out soon.

Wizard

Just leave it alone for a while. It should come back within a day. This sort of thing would happen on my EVO 4G from time to time,  and has happened once or twice with my 3D.

It only happens with my Yahoo account which is also my primary account.  I suspect it has something to do with both yahoo and the sense UI. I just remember spending hours repeatedly entering my account info only to have it fail. Then without doing anything,  the account would work correctly,  sometimes within an hour or two,  but definitely by the next day. 

It was bothersome having to access email through the web browser,  but the problem never persisted long.

Master

I have seen that issue going on lot for Yahoo email especially on Android OS.If you have  issue with accessing Yahoo email in future, download K-9 mail app from Android Market and access Yahoo mail from that app.

Wizard

abe2020 wrote:

I have seen that issue going on lot for Yahoo email especially on Android OS.If you have  issue with accessing Yahoo email in future, download K-9 mail app from Android Market and access Yahoo mail from that app.

K-9 is a decent app, but I prefer the stock email app because the icon shows the number of unread messages.

Master

It's by design from Yahoo and it's been an issue with Android from the beginning.  Most people are unaware that Yahoo charges $20/year for their Yahoo Plus account which gives the customer POP forwarding.  This is the protocol required to run email on mobile phones.  However, IMAP can also work which the Android operating system is able to find when it runs a search during setup and Yahoo mail works a lot of time.  The problem is, and I think there is still a disclaimer on an Android when setting up Yahoo and Hotmail that says some pop email accounts may or may not work, Yahoo can scrub their IMAP servers anytime they want which means it stops working after a period of time because it's technically not supposed to.  Deleting the account and readding will usually make it work again, but it can and most likely will fail at some point.  Yahoo has never changed it's position on POP forwarding and still charges $20/year; unlike Gmail for example, which has open POP and IMAP.  Yahoo did however create an app from the market which they approve for use on an Android that resolves this conflict with their free vs paid servers. 

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.mail&hl=en

Journeyman

It's been  a week. Still can't get into gmail.  I hate this phone.  Login failed.  Changed password several times.

Sprint Employee

Hello, What is happening with your gmail on phone? Do you see any warning messages in the notifications bar?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

i just need to know how ti access my password

Master

msmichelin5- What password are you talking about?

Abe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat