cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Shows Up With Text Messages :(

Journeyman

Everytime I get a text from someone, their name AND phone number shows up on the text message! It'll say something like: John Doe (M 555-5555) and the phone number is a link (in blue). It's really annoying. Whenever I unlink to the Facebook HTC Sense (or regular Facebook), the number goes away, but so does the image!

I called Sprint yesterday but they never heard of the problem. Told me it could be due to having duplicate contacts, but after deleting and entering the info again for a contact, it keeps doing it.

Anyone else experiences problems?

PJ

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a feature. Clcik on the number and it calls your friend. I know that's so 1990's actually talking to another human

Journeyman

go to a sprint store and ask them...my phone is ok(no numbers) so maybe youve got something screwed up with the sync part of your phone with facebook...idk

Journeyman

Are you using Google Voice integration?

Journeyman

I should have said knock on wood cuz it started doing it only with some contacts though. It seems that It's only one the ones that are synced with Facebook

Master

That is a feature for most newer HTC Sense phones.  It's on HTC Sense 2.1 and above.  If you don't like it, you can always get a different text messaging app like Handcent and customize it however you want.  I hope that helps you out!

Journeyman

Yeah I don't mind it...

Journeyman

Let me try to answer some of the replies:

I'm coming from EVO 4G with the latest Sense and Android; it never happened on my phone before. It would display the person's name, along with their Facebook current image. I'm talking about the text message history here.

This is how it shows up:

John Doe (M 5555555😞 How are you

Me: Fine

John Doe (M 5555555😞 That's good. How's the weather

Me. Good

That's annoying. And if I do not link it to Facebook HTC Sense, the number goes away, so I can't understand how that would be a new feature.

I'm not using Google Voice.

Yes, I can live with it, but if I paid $200 for the phone with a two year contract, I would at least want the features to work as advertised.

Going to try Handcent but it's kinda a shame I have to rely on a third party app to have something work on my phone, when my old EVO 4G worked fine.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit harsh; it's a feature that it's annoying and haven't found an answer to it yet.

PJ

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat