cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone goes into Roaming when I am within Sprint Coverage area

Journeyman

Phone goes into Roaming when I am within Sprint Coverage area

My phone keeps going into roaming when I am at home or just a few miles from home. For example, my phone went into roaming and stayed in roaming for six hours. My son has the same phone as me, the Evo 3D; his phone never went into roaming and he was seating right next to me. Any ideas of what is wrong with my phone.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Phone goes into Roaming when I am within Sprint Coverage area

Are they on the same account? What is the area this is happening in? Give us a business nearby and let us know how far away it is and in which direction you are from it.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Hi,

Yes, we are on the same account. It is happening in the Oklahoma City/ Edmond area.  The nearest business to me is Walgreens and I am about a mile east of the store.

Thanks,

Master

There are 5 Walgreens stores in the area - I am using 15100 N Western  Edmond, OK 73013

The tower near Broadway extension and 15th has an open ticket that should be closed by Friday afternoon.

If this is the area you are in that would be the most likely reason for the issue. Also powering a phone off for 2 minutes and then powering on should force it to reregister.

Larry

Journeyman

Wow! I did not realize there were that many Walgreens in my neighborhood. Western and 15th is the next street over from me. I am at Santa Fe and 15th.  I am glad to know that it is not my phone.

Thank you for the help.

Journeyman

Think about it.  If YOUR phone is roaming and your son's, sitting right next to you is not, then it likely is NOT simply the tower having an issue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dennis4571 wrote:

Think about it.  If YOUR phone is roaming and your son's, sitting right next to you is not, then it likely is NOT simply the tower having an issue.

True, but if they are the same model of phones, and assuming both phones have the same patches and updates (e.g. PRL), then it's certainly not the customer's fault either.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat