cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help.

Journeyman

Please help.

Can someone please tell me which preinstalled stuff can be deleted and which preinstalled stuff cannot? And how? I had one store rep. tell me everything except Sprint Zone can be deleted, but then another store rep. said there's only three things that can be deleted. And when I tried the phone for myself in the store, I couldn't delete anything.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Please help.

I apologize for any misinformation that was given to you.You cannot delete any Pre-installed content on the phone. The reason why you cannot uninstall the pre-installed applications is because they are installed directly into the Android OS and not on your phone memory card. Sprint doesn’t support any kind of “Rooting” on the phone and it voids manufacture warranty.

Journeyman

Please help.

wow, really? what's this all about then?

From Sprint's Twitter account June 23:

sprint Sprint

http://twitter.com/#!/SPRINT

HTC EVO 3D fun fact - In response to customer feedback, preloaded apps can be uninstalled

http://bit.ly/j8uf7S #AndroidUnlimited

Master

Please help.

I checked on the HTC Evo 3d phone in our lab, some of the program’s (Sprint Apps-Nascar/Sprint TV etc) can be uninstalled and some of them you cannot.

Journeyman

Please help.

Some can and some cannot, just like I said in the beginning... sooooo, back to my originial question... does anyone know which ones can be deleted and which cannot? And how? Thanks.

Master

Please help.

You’ve to go to all Applications-menu-remove app-tap on remove app- tap on all. Find the app that you want to uninstall/remove and check if there is a link to uninstall the App.

Journeyman

Please help.

Mmk. Thanks. This was like going to the dentist.

Journeyman

Re: Please help.

I wish I could delete the sprint zone app from my phone. It keeps updating and I want it gone

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat