cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Tried To Make This Phone Feasible

Highlighted
Journeyman

Coming from an EVO4G I was really excited about this phone but over two weeks, I am utterly dissapointed for the following reasons:

A) Rear speaker is pitifully low power. I have tried 3 other EVO 3d"s at the store and they are all the same. Movies, You Tube videos are useless. Absolutely can't hear the GPS talking in the car and if the AC is on, can't even hear it ring. Volume is all the way up. In a busy office it is next to impossible to hear it ringing.

B) Both phone signal and 3G (no 4g in my area) are really bad. At my house, my EVO 4G always showed full bars and never dropped calls. I now drop calls and in areas where the 4G used to show half signal and worked fine, I can't make or receive calls at times.  I get phone messages when the phone never even rang.

The 3G speeds are so slow unless I am in a full signal area that pages at times won't even load whereas I never had this issue with the 4G. GPS is constantly dropping /  loosing signal. Wireless signal is almost 1/2 of what my EVO showed for signal strength.

C) Green pictures with the camera (inconsistent), especially bad with flash pictures.

Have tried all of the fixes and unfortunatekly none have helped. Sp[rint has re-provisioned it, the repair store stripped and reloaded everything.

I so wanted a dual processor phone so it looks as though I will need to come up with a BB or something for the time being till something functionnal for me is released as I traded my 4G in like a nitwiit 

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Hello!

I am sorry about hear about the problems with the phone. While I have heard that the speaker for the EVO 3D is a bit quieter than the EVO classic, with all of the other issues you are describing, I think you may have just gotten a bad phone. If you are otherwise happy with the phone, I'd say go ahead and return to where you got for a 30 day exchange.

Journeyman

I feel very similar to you with the issues that I am having. The speaker is terrible, I miss calls that I would not miss on the Hero. My reception is poor and voice quality is poor as well. My 3g speeds are all over the place, sometimes below 20kbps down to 400kbps down.

The music player skips and the phone overheats when I use the music player. I think I have to return this phone, sad, I was so pumped for it too.

Journeyman

Yes....I am having the same problems. Ive only had it a week, and I hate it. I quit verizon to go to sprint, thinking I could save some money....Nope, I will now pay more with sprint than I was with verizon. I never hear the phone ring and the volume is all the way up. I make calls, and on my end the phone does not ring. People have told me I sound muffled, and cant understand what I say. I simply HATE this phone and service. 

Journeyman

I just got my girlfriend, onto my Sprint account, she was w/verizon. She picked out the Blackberry curve 9350, on Saturday,1/28, well 2 days later, when she calls someone, her voice is all muffled & sometimes the sound is so low, that whoever she's trying to talk too, can't hear her or understand her. We're taking it into Sprint on Tues., 1/31, is there something wrong w/the phone, a button that she has to press...?

Wizard

Taking to the store is probably the best course of action. There are a couple other possibilities such as software or network problems, but it sounds like it's probably a physical problem with the microphone. If other devices in the same area aren't having this issue, or the issue happens no matter where the blackberry travels, you can pretty much rule out the network. If you suspect a software issue is causing it, you can try uninstalling apps or performing a factory reset under the security options. Be aware that a factory reset will delete all data from the device memory such as apps and contacts. Let me know how it turns out.

-Donnie

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat