cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

First of all I upgraded my phne to the HTC EVO 3d (which is now having HUGE issues with overheating). But what is even more frustrating is how spring treats their loyal customers. BECAUSE the phone is 1 day past the 30 day period or purchase they will not send me a new phone NOR will they let me get a replacement phone that is CHEAPER that the EVO 3d. I have 4 phones on my plan, 2 of which I bought this month for my kids. So in all I have spent a little over 400.00 with sprint since 6/30/11. I have been a sprint customer for 8 years now and AM so furious about this situation. IF you are deciding on cell phone carriers forst and foremost DO NOT choose sprint as their customer serivce is TERRIBLE!!!! Also DO NOT purchase the HTC Evo 3d, get another HTC product. YOu willwaste your money and get nothing in return. Sprint has lost ANOTHER loyal customer due to their inability to provide good customer service and do what is RIGHT!

34 REPLIES 34
Wizard

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Your situation sucks.  You have every right to rant.  However, you  acknowleged that you were past the 30 day return period, be that one day  or one hundred days.  If you feel that the EVO 3D is a waste of money,  surely it didn't take you 31 days to figure that out.

You can go running to another carrier, but I think  you'll find the grass is always greener where ever you go.  Now that all  the other major carriers have capped data plans, it'll be hard to find a  better deal than what Sprint offers.  Go to AT&T or Verizon's  forums, and you'll see countless posts of customers dissatisfied with  the customer experience there.

I've been with Sprint  for over 20 years.  Although I can't say I haven't felt like jumping  ship on more than a few occasions, most of my time with CS has been  postive.  In fact, it has been exceptional over the past two years.  Several times, CS reps and supervisors bent over backwards to make sure my problems got resolved.   I wouldn't give up.  Call CS again or even call retention and see what  happens.  Other than that, you pay the early termination fee or ride out  the contract and switch carriers.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Yeah I realize it is over 30 days by 1 day though Bascially I have been told by sprint that I can bring it to a retailer to have it fixed or get a new one if they cant fix it. The problem is now I dont want the 3d phone, I Can see it is going to be nothing but a headache. Already having all these problems and frankly I do not fee like going through this every month. Probably am going to just reactivate my old phone and send this one back in for the buy back. Cost me more to terminate since I have 4 lines on the account. AND to answer your question it did take me 31 days to figure out I didnt want it because it didnt really have a problem up until now. But live and learn, suppose I should have bought the insurance for it. Just very dissapointing that sprint couldnt do anything to help me. Leaves a very vey sour taste in my mouth.

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Seriously!?!  When I saw the title of the post "Sprint is terrible!!!!" I figured you had a real reason to be upset!! Nope, you dont.  You should have known the return policy... 30 days, fairly standard.

>>The problem is now I dont want the 3d phone, I Can see it is going to be nothing but a headache.

You didnt realize this until the 31st day?

You were happy with the phone for the first 30 days? and now at 31 days you dont want to get it fixed!?! I dont understand why now a return is the only solution... to be honest, sounds like buyers remorse... especially since you dont want to have the phone fixed.  Either you waited 1 day to long to return it or you really didnt like it prior to the 31 days.  Either way you were in control the entire time.  I have two of these phones and no problems... so from an outsiders perspective it sounds like you are being irrational and "throwing the baby out with the bath water".  Its a good phone, if its over heating sounds like a new phone or battery will solve this.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

He further disrispected you by his wiseass reply. One day over and they give a loyal 5 year customer that UNACCEPTABLE reply.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Sprint loses me as a customer tomorrow.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

The next carrier will have rules too. You gonna throw up your hands and rant there too?

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

If I don't get the service I faithfully pay on time every month for, I will rant just as bad. If I am told numerous times that there are no service issues when it is obvious that there are not only in my area but in other areas according to the posts in the forums, then yes I will rant just as bad.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

not quite sure if your responce was to the original poster or ccerose1...if it was to the later then they dont work for sprint. if they did there would be a sprint logo under their name.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Bootomline is you can go through HTC TO GET ANOTHER NEW 3D PHONE YOU are not stuck with the one you have.....

Wizard

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

If you're outside the 30 day return window, your best option would be to take it to a service center as that issue is covered by your 1-year manufacturer's warranty. It's likely a problem with the battery if you're having overheating issues. I'm not sure why you believe the phone is going to be nothing but a headache, but I can tell you we've had very few confirmed issues with the Evo 3D. It's really a great phone! Other than overheating, do you have any specific complaints that I can address?

On a side note, the month of August is open enrollment for Total Equipment Protection so it's not too late to add TEP! I should point out, however, that you can't file a claim for an issue that occurred prior to enrollment.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat