cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

6787781528 wrote:

Bootomline is you can go through HTC TO GET ANOTHER NEW 3D PHONE YOU are not stuck with the one you have.....

You have to go through HTC for a replacement instead of through Sprint? Is this normal with Sprint phones, or just a peculiarity with this particular phone?

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

TEP for sure!  I know its an extra $8 per month but the service you get is worth every penny. 

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

sprint just plain sucks.  i got into this mess about 3 4 months ago but i have unlimited data for now so going to stick it out.. but drop calls not getting texts and alll the other bullshit with sprint sucks i will never go back to sprint

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

So botton line is, Spring is terrible because your expectation of having the 30 day return policy waived (even by one day), on the basis that you've been with them for 8 years and have a family plan was not met. Sounds more like a bit of self entitlement on your part.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

The EVO 3D is a defective phone. The antenna is either defective in them or the software is buggy, but either way I can see a major class action against sprint unless they start acknowleging this mess. The phone is defective period and Sprint knows this. I just returned mine. It was the second one. Instead now I got the regular evo 4G, which would be a major step down if the 3D was really working right.

Re: SPRINT IS NOT TERRIBLE!!!!

Interseting Murphy, I haven't had anyone in Northern Utah say anything negative torwards the Evo 3D whatsoever... How has the software on the handset been buggy and how do you see the antenna as defective? Seem's like two issues that anyone could have in regards to not having the correct PRL and/or needing a hard reset, You have to remember these devices are computers with Voice capability. Not trying to be a Troll or anything mate, as your saying this would be 2nd replacement but we'd just like to know.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

I don't live in Utah, but I just got the Sprint HTC EVO 4G, and I have never had any issues.  I at one time worked for a phone company and provided customer service for a specific phone.  I think it is commical that customers that I have dealt with and you, threaten a major class action which tells me that you are just looking to go after someone.  I wish I could sue people for just pissing me off all the time but I can't.

Journeyman

I agree with you murphy751, I am on my second 3D and the phone drops calls at my home all of the time. when I stream video from home it pixilated, my wife and son do not have this problem with their phones and I did not have this problem with my Epic. Sprint is full of S***, the first mistake I made was to buy this phone from Radio Shack, they only let you return a defective phone 1 time within 30 days and now Sprint will not back this phone unless I use my insurance and then all they want to do is give me another EVO. I don't want another EVO at this point. And furthermore Sprint customer service sucks big time they tell you lies and will pass you to the next department and the next person say they can't do what the previous rep say they can do. I have been hung up on lied to and I am stuck with this piece of S***. DON'T BUY THIS PHONE YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY IF YOU HAVE COVERAGE ISSUES. BTY they only way Spint's customer service rating is going up is when they ask you if can say you are very satisfied if given a survey, if you say you can't answer very satisfied you will not get the survey they only send them to persons who say they can answer they are satisfied. I call BULL.. If and when anyone asks me if I recommend Sprint I will tell them NO. You might have to pay more at other carriers but I think it might be worth it.  They are not willing to do what's right for the customer, I am not asking for the world just a different phone, Sprint can return the phone to HTC and not lose a dime on it. As soon as I can save enough  to buyout the contract  I'm done..

SS will you do me a small favor? on your 3D go to Settings, System Updates (Second from the bottom), Now please (1) Check & ensure RadioShack updated the Software when they gave it to you, If it's up to date then please go to next step. (2) Update PRL (If it fails the first time do it again, This is to resolve your Voice or antenna issues. When a handset is first activated it spends the first week or so doing nothing but acquiring the necessary codes from the towers to ensure best service but it doesn't get them all the time so this will refresh it. (3) Update Profile is actually the most essential step in regards to your data issues. But please note SS that if your streaming Youtube and that is what's pixilating that's pretty much with any phone across any network unless your connected to WiFi or 4G. (4) is Firmware update but I'm 99.9% positive you're fine there considering all updates have gone through Software recently.

After you've completed these steps please press & hold your power button, restart phone... wait about 5 minutes and let's see if we've resolved any of your issues as of yet. As a little proof about the Pixilation issues, download Netflix & watch that on 3G, you'll find very little to no Pixilation. due to the plain fact Youtube is Browser streaming it causes more lag.

Wizard

I have the EVO 3D and have experienced the issues, but I am holding tight for the software update to address those issues. It is bothersome at times, but I can hold out for the update. Overall, its a great device. The issue that I am running into is the call quality. The call quality really is not that bad. Everything else is flawless. I never have force close issue, power cycling, freezing like I had with the EVO 4G. Great job HTC, this is awsome device!

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Your process has already been done, this was done at a Sprint store Wednesday and I still have the issues, and it's not just youtube, ESPN, USATODAY, or anyother website I try to stream from. I tried calling Sprint this morning and before I could navigate through the menus my phone drop the call 4 times. Enough is enough.. Buyers beware never buy your phones from a third party like Best Buy or Radio Shack, Best Buy might be better but Radio Shack will only repalce the phone 1 time then you are stuck with it.

Journeyman

"Seem's like two issues that anyone could have in regards to not having the correct PRL and/or needing a hard reset"

are u kidding me? obviously updating the profile and PRL have failed to fix this. I returned the 2nd EVO 3D. I downgraded to the regular EVO 4G and had to give up many features I like. NOW there is no signal problem. and Ya, u are a troll. xD

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat