cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Wizard

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

There's probably not a heavier user of their smartphone than myself, work and play, therefore, I buy the best and expect the best. I had the EVO 4G and loved it so much I bought the 3D.  I, myself, think it's a fantastic phone.  There's a couple of little software bugs that I've found, but nothing more than you expect with a brand new phone.  I'm impressed how well it's all put together.  I've had no signal issues or anything else major go wrong.  If this phone wasn't everything I expected, I would buy a different one.  Bottom line is, if you're having these serious issues with your phone, which I'm not doubting you that you are, you've probably got a defective phone.  If the 3D is just generally defective, then wouldn't everyone have these issues?  You have to think of the thousands of people that don't have any problems with the 3D.  Also, I'm a long time AT&T customer (was), and if you think Sprint has bad service, I could tell you some stories about the other carriers.  So far, if I've needed anything at all, I've gotten great CS, way better than I ever did with AT&T.  I think before you claim a device, in general, is defective, you should look at everyone else's experience.  I'm sorry you've gotten a bad phone, hopefully thay'll get you taken care of.  I would hate to see you jump ship to AT&T and find out the hard way about truly bad coustomer service.

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

David,

For the record, it wasnt me who said "Sprint is terible". I was replying to a post. that had that title..

I actaully think sprint is a great company so far. The defective evo3D I had, (and the defective replacement evo 3d ) have both now been replaced with a free EVO 4G. This one has no signal issues. Everybody who I have spoken with at sprint has been very nice and usually helpful. The sprint signal is great when I leave the house now. This also confirms how bad the 3D's signal is not right. The company has known about this problem for a while now and I hope they have some recall or fix ready to roll. Remember the Iphone3 antenna issue? They denied it was the phone, but eventually fixed it.

Although I love the new EVO 4G, I do miss a lot of features that were in the 3D. I cannot complain because the price was free for this model. As it turns out Radio Shack had free EVO4G's when I brought the 3D back So If I wind up with this one I am happy. I know all too well about ATT, etc.. customer service and how bad it can be. I also havent been past my trial of 30 days yet wih sprint, so I am not sure how I will be treated after. So far I am happy. They didnt stick me with that evo 3d. I got my money back, and I still have a decent phone.

I am waiting for Radio Shack to get the Motorrola Photon 4G, which seems really good ... Hopefully before my trial is up. I dont want to have to return another one and switch to the real sprint store and lose my number.. long story... xD

UPDATE: this all went to crap very quickly! Sprint started charging me hundreds they couldnt explain after I tried and returned a second line. I started having major problems with missed calls and dropped calls shortly after getting that evo4G.

I did get the photon and its a great phone. I still use it over wifi even though I switched to verizon and now have an HTC Rezound. The Photon is in my opinion the phone to get if you stay with Sprint. Its pretty well made and comfortable to use.

-J

Message was edited by: Jdog-1

Wizard

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Hey, Murphy, the Photon is a great phone.  I got to spend quite a bit of time with it.  I could have still given my 3D back and gotten it.  The reason I didn't was because it wasn't that much better where I would want to trade.  I would say that the Photon is every bit as good as the 3D.  It just comes down to which overlay you like etc.  I happen to really like HTC Sense, so that's why I'm sticking with HTC.  Some people will like the new Motorola overlay better.  It's really a toss up  When it comes down to it, some are going to say the Photon is faster, while other's will say the 3D is faster.  In real everyday use, there's not much difference.  Both run smooth and are about as fast as you can get right now.  You an't make a wrong decision going with the Photon..  The only advice I would give you is to go ahead and get something dual core, which is either one.  Dual core is the future of smartphones, so if you get one now, it shouldn't be outdated as a top of the line phone in a year.  The EVO 4G will still be a good single core phone a year from now, but you know that developers will start focusing on dual core, so you might as well have one.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

I agree whole heartedly, my issue is not with the phone but with Sprint! I too have multiple phones on the plan and have been with Sprint for more years than I can remember. Yet when my EVO JUST DIED 6 days ago Sprint could not fix or replace my phone. How is that possible why can't I get a loaner? Or just give me a new or upgraded EVO. It wasnt damaged and the battery was working some thing in the phone burned out or turned off. Who knows ? But why am I without a phone for so long. What are all these insurance and repair payments for. SPRINT your customer service sucks take a lesson from "The Electronics Giant" "Circuit City" as big as they were they fell largely due to HORRIBLE customer service!

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

I personally am very happy with Sprint.  At least they do listen when I call in.  We left AT&T both times because they required us to have certain phones that did not work in our home then told us to get new ones... no discount offer after 4 years...just buy these phones and I think they will fix your problem.  It didn't.  Good luck.  I find Sprint works everywhere we go and the unlimited data and mobile to mobile calls.  You can not beat it anywhere.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Just a FYI Verizon only gives 14 days not 30. I have the 3d and i love this phone I have 5 Android phones on my accout and sprint has always been good to me

Wizard

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

I agree completely.  You just can't claim that a phone is defective in general.  Because this is basically a complaint forum, all you see is problems.  Just because you and three other people have the same issue on here, doesn't mean the whole product line is defective.  You're forgetting about the other 100,000 people who aren't having issues.  If you understand technology at all, then you should understand this.  I have never gotten a defective phone, and 99% of people haven't either.  It's a bummer if you are the unlucky 1% (probably less than 1%), but get another phone and move on.  If not, change phones entirely.  If you don't like the carrier, change carriers.  No one is holding a gun to your head, and Sprint is by far the cheapest carrier to cancel. If I'm truly not happy with a company, you can bet that I'm going to change.  No one really cares when you (no one in particular) just keep threatening to leave, just do it already and quit whining about it.

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

I don't know who helped, or didn't help you but Sprint has always had my back..I would call and talk to the highest up the ladder you can go and nicely and calmly tell them your dilemma. Getting angry will get you nowhere fast.

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT IS NOT TERRIBLE!!!!

It's not Sprint's fault if your phone is have hardware or software issues unless it directly stems from Sprints software or firmware.  Sprint doesn't manufacture the phones or the OS.  The Evo is an HTC product.  If it's a hardware issue, that's their misgiving.  If it's a problem with Android, again Sprint did not come up with Android anymore than say Dell or HP came up with Windows (that's a Microsoft Product).

Journeyman

SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Here's what you can do!

1) Buy a phone old/used/whatever for sprint. (Make sure it has a clean ESN - [Clean ESN = able to put that phone on your account, some jerks out there report their phone as lost stolen = BAD ESN and then sell you that phone. They get the money and you get an expensive paper weight] Call sprint to verify that you can activate the phone.)

2) Activate in place of your evo 3d

3) Sell your evo 3d.

Journeyman

Re: SPRINT IS TERRIBLE!!!!

Sprint will not help you. I have called them many times and they expect me to pay them when they gave me the defective phone to begin with. Yes they didn't manufacture the phone or make the software(not the operating system but they sure made a whole lot of junk trash apps that are added which are unnecessary for the user). But they are selling it. You should check the phone before you sell it. If you are going to sell a phone you didn't check then expect that customers will be complaining and what is the point of me paying to fix a phone or buying a refurbished phone? It was sent in for a reason. It obviously wasn't because it was a working phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat