cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Do the ICS Update or Wait?

Wizard

Should I Do the ICS Update or Wait?

I just recently upgraded to the Galaxy S3, but I added a line and gave my sister my EVO 3D. Now, I'm somewhat hesitant to do the update for her. She's not much of a tech junkie, so I'm afraid of things being screwed up for her. I used to have the original EVO 4G and went through the 2.3 Gingerbread update which messed up some pretty crucial things for a lot of users. I want her phone to be up to date, and I'm curious myself to see what it looks like on the 3D. I've gotten used to ICS on the GS3, so I'm anxious to see how good this update is, but I really don't want to make problems for my sister. For as long as this took, it should be pretty smooth, but I've read a lot of problems. I realize that this is the place to complain, so sometimes it looks like everyone is having issues, when it is actually very isolated. I just wish I knew which one it is.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Should I Do the ICS Update or Wait?

The one thing I have noticed is that all the power saving features are now missing and if you want to save battery you have to turn everything off today my phone went from 100% to 63% in about 3 hours all this while sitting in my pocket I'm still trying to figure out what happened but it could have been some random crap bout no programs were running so maybe that's why sprint took so long they needed to remove the features that were actually useful so that people that have to stick with this phone for another year get feed up of it and upgrade I wonder if anyone is having the same issue

Journeyman

Keep in mind that the vast majority of people who post here do so to complain and that people who have no issues typically don't post.  The ICS update went perfectly fine for me on my EVO3D, and except for having to update a lot of apps, it was quick.  Everything works well.

Wizard

I didn't have any issues with the install.  After it updated, my phone ran just fine  (although I've never had any probelms with it).  It took a bit of time for some of the data on the memory card to update (mainly photos, movies, and music).  The notification sound for text messages changed, but that was it.

I've been messing around with it quite a bit today, moreso than usual.  I do have Juice Defender installed and that gives me 20 hours of life with mild use (text, email, phone calls).  Even though I've been messing with it all day, it's been off the charger for 8 hours and the battery is still at 50%.

Wizard

I agree with you. Most people who have no problems don't post anything on here, and that's understandable. It's good to hear that your update went well. There's nothing like waiting and waiting on an update, and it's all screwed up once you finally get it. My sister is coming over in an hour, and I have to decide if I'm going to update the phone or not.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat