Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much for gorilla glass

Highlighted
Journeyman

So much for gorilla glass

Took the phone out of my pocket and there's a small scratch on the bottom of the screen.  Nice.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizard

I can see if you're keeping it in a soft lined belt case, but if you're carrying the phone in your pocket, a screen protector is a must.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is the screen protector that's sold through this website good?  I want something similar to what apple has on my ipod touch, I really like that one.    

Highlighted
Wizard

I'e been exclusively using zaggshield screen protectors, for the past 4 years.  I've had them on my two previous touch screen phones and also on my ipod touch.  None of them has suffered any screen damage.  Zagg screen protectors are a bit more pricey than others, but they offer lifetime replacements.  I've never had to replace the screen protector on my ipod touch.  I've had the same one on it for nearly three years.  I probably abuse that device more than any phone I've owned.  I put it in my pocket, throw it in my back pack, slide it across the table.

If youj've been using your 3D without a screen protector, it'll take a couple of days to get accustomed to the feel.  The shield won't affect the visuals, but swipes, slides, and flicks won't feel as smooth.  From an operational standpoint though, the phone will react just the same.  I actually prefer it because if feels like I have more control.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i don't trust any of those glue on stickers to protect my screen, i prefer the plastic protectors - no cutting, no glueing

Highlighted
Wizard

phoenix215476 wrote:

i don't trust any of those glue on stickers to protect my screen, i prefer the plastic protectors - no cutting, no glueing

There are plenty of screen protectors that don't have any adhesives.  They attach to the screen by static cling.  You can remove and replace as much as you want without leaving any residue on the phone.

The Zagg protectors have an adhesive, but it's not a glue.  When I removed the protector off my EVO 4G, there was no residue left behind.  Installing is really easy.  But if that's not your style, I know most best buys and radio shacks will install them for you at the time of purchase.

Highlighted

htc made a screen protector for the EVO 4g that was fantastic.  I don't know if there making one for the 3d but if they do Radio Shack will probably have it, thats where I got one for my 4g

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello,

Names will not be given to protect the guilty, but if you get a screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the speaker on the phone or else it might result in a slightly embarassing call to tech support when your calls sound muffled. I doubt anyone here needs the warning, but even the brightest of us have "duh" moments.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe they sell the HTC screen protectors for the 3D at the Sprint store. I had the same one for the 4G and I got it from the Sprint store as well.

EDIT: I mean a brick and mortar store, not sure about the online store.

Highlighted

The screen protectors I got at the Sprint store didn't cover all the screen, the ones from radio shack do.  It would be nice if Sprint is selling these screen protectors now although I haven't seen them in my local store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who said this phone had Gorilla Glass?

Take a look at this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1158868

Highlighted
Wizard

I carry my evo3D in my pocket, just like my evo4G.  I have never had a scratch or a crack.  It isn't indestructible though.  I am sure at the right angle and with the right force, you could crack it.  You could scratch it with enough pressure...although you could probably do that with a screen protector too.  My wife has the the Shift and she has no scratches/cracks....which, given it is in her purse with her keys, surprises me.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat