cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint HTC EVO 3D Release Date Guess

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is just an educated guess but I think sprint will release the EVO 3D on 04 Jun 2011 which is the same date the EVO 4G was released, give or take a few days if not exact.

What do you guys think?

What dates do you think Sprint will announce for my next phone? lol

137 REPLIES 137
Journeyman

I've heard the same thing. they are trying to release it on the anniversary of the evo 4g

Master

Re: Sprint HTC EVO 3D Release Date Guess

First option (from HTC) was to release it for 4th of July, but Sprint decided to actually release it on June 1st, which is EVO's anniversary!

We just need to wait and see (we should start putting bets in it lol).

And by the way, the same toping is in another thread, try to keep it all together .

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

First Sunday in June is my guess.

Wizard

Re: Sprint HTC EVO 3D Release Date Guess

I am hoping they release it on my Birthday June 1st! Would make a cool birthday gift for myself!!!

Journeyman

DanaMillan wrote:

I am hoping they release it on my Birthday June 1st! Would make a cool birthday gift for myself!!!

Hey Dana, I see that you're back and forth between the HTC EVO 3D and the Nexus S 4G like me.  Are you still deciding or are you getting the EVO 3D for sure?  I've settled on the Nexus S 4G.  I know it doesn't have the specs like the EVO 3D, but I really have no use for a 3D phone at this time and even though the battery is 1750mAh, I still think the battery life will not be that great.  I would also like to try a Vanilla Android phone and see if that is the direction I want to go in.  I'm sure when the Nexus 2 drops, it will have spectacular specs and I hope that Google requests a phone to be made with some of the basic conveniences we all know and love like notification light (but we can download an app for that now) and a microSD slot.  I will be fine with the 16GB internal memory, however, it is more convenient to swap memory cards than to fool around with connecting the phone to a computer.

Journeyman

ASM3 wrote:

DanaMillan wrote:

Hey Dana, I see that you're back and forth between the HTC EVO 3D and the Nexus S 4G like me.  Are you still deciding or are you getting the EVO 3D for sure?  I've settled on the Nexus S 4G.  I know it doesn't have the specs like the EVO 3D, but I really have no use for a 3D phone at this time and even though the battery is 1750mAh, I still think the battery life will not be that great.  I would also like to try a Vanilla Android phone and see if that is the direction I want to go in.  I'm sure when the Nexus 2 drops, it will have spectacular specs and I hope that Google requests a phone to be made with some of the basic conveniences we all know and love like notification light (but we can download an app for that now) and a microSD slot.  I will be fine with the 16GB internal memory, however, it is more convenient to swap memory cards than to fool around with connecting the phone to a computer.

The 3D is just a bonus.

The EVO 3D specs dominate the Nexus S's Specs.

Battery will be good if you just disable the 3D by moving the slider to 2D.

Make a smart choice

Journeyman

Beginning of June would be great. I just hope the phone doesn't cost $850 or $500 with a 2 year agreement.

Journeyman

More than likely it will be $249.99 with 2 year agreement after mail-in rebate.  But I'm just guessing.  In this economy Sprint can't afford to charge more than that, and even this price point is pushing it.  Not with the original EVO 4G selling for $199.99 now and it is still an awesome phone and its users are very happy according to all I've read.  People would just forego the 3D (especially since a lot of people are whining about the 2 5MP cameras instead of 8MP) and dual processor for the "still good" speed and quality of the EVO 4G.

Wizard

I have not totally decided...I do a lot of research before buying a new phone. I never buy first day out because there are too many bugs to be worked out with first run phones typically but that is just my preference. The specs are better for the Evo 3D and I know you can turn the 3D off. I am not sure I will even use the 3D if I get it. However the Nexus S is completely under the domain of Google so there would be no waiting for updates etc. To be honest I am torn between them and will probably not decide until I have had a chance to play with them both at the store.

Journeyman

The way the delay in release for the Nexus S 4G is going, we may see it released when the EVO 3D comes out! LOL

Journeyman

I was thinking $249.99 or 299.99 also, but then I found this link on the UK site Play.com

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/1012/1257/-/18810254/LG-Optimus-3D-Android-Sim-Free-Unlocked-Mo...

This is the LG Optimus 3D which is supposed to cost less than the Evo 3D.

£514.99 ~ $850

I'll pay $300, but have to draw the line at $400 or $500 and go with the Nexus S or even the Evo 4G.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat