cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint RELEASES THE EVO 3D ICE CREAM SANDWICH OTA UPDATE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint RELEASES THE EVO 3D ICE CREAM SANDWICH OTA UPDATE!

How is it that the VM 3D already has ICS it but Sprint customers do not?

Practically every network in the WORLD that carries the EVO 3D has updated their customers to ICS except Sprint!

Is it just greed? You know people want to be running the latest and greatest Android OS (ICS soon to be JB) so why not make them buy a new phone to do so.

You just want to sell a bunch of new LTE (Sprint Network Vision) phones w/ICS to poor saps who don't even know there is practically NO LTE network infrastructure in place! And I almost forgot they get the privilege of paying an extra $10.00 a month for the use of the practically non-existent network.

In the mean time you have customers that have been with you for many years getting ready to jump ship for business practices like this.

Just go to any Android forum and read some of the posts regarding Sprints EVO 3D & waiting for the ICS OTA. Your really ticking off your customers and from what I can tell you can ill-afford losing yet more of your customer base.

Release the update already, I know you have it! Don't ask how but I do.

I know this will probably never get read by any Sprint employee with any clout but at least I got to vent to my fellow frustrated 3D owners.

Now excuse me while I go stand by the railing of this ship.

Do the right thing Sprint, push the EVO 3D ICS OTA!

Sprint RELEASES THE EVO 3D ICS OTA UPDATE: 7/31/2012

Update released. Thread title changed.

202 REPLIES 202
Highlighted
Journeyman

I must admit, my update went flawlessly as well. I have had no major issues.

The one thing that I have experienced is it seems my 4G is timing out often. It will show say ~2-3 bars and I will open something that needs Internet access take Play Store for instance. It won't connect the 1st time around I will get the could not connect with the retry button but if I retry 4G seems to wake up and load the store. These symptoms are not limited to the Store I just used that as an example.

Maybe I will poke around in my EPST > WiMAX and see if any obvious bad settings stands out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My update went flawlessly also.  The only issue I've noticed is that there seems to be a lag when loading apps etc.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

My flash is still working.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a reminder to everyone: it's usually a good idea to do a full factory reset after any major operating system update like this. If you are having problems, please indicate whether or not you already tried this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone encrypted their internal storage due to work email settings and experienced their 4G (WiMAX) not working anymore? Mine worked fine after the update to ICS, then after encrypting the 4G antenna wngould turn on but not connect. I also factory reset my phone, then just encrypted without install my work active exchange account and produced the same results with the 4G not working. Any way to fix this problem? Or is this just a bug that HTC let slip under the radar? I've called sprint CS but no one offered any suggestions other than returning to Gingerbread and paying a fee to the store to have this done. Definitely don't want to go back to GB after seein the power of ICS...

Highlighted
Journeyman

may someone please, for the love of god, tell me how i can unsubscribe to this thread.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

In the upper right corner click Stop email notifications.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Wolfpack486, I get the same results. I'm taking this information back to the developers, and will let you know what I find.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had AWFUL lag issues since the update.  I have tried the "force stop" to apps that are slow, I have tried task manager, cache cleaning, etc.  EVERYTHING short of a wipe.  I do not want to lose my messages.  Period.  And there are too many to try to restore.... And the messaging app is the biggest hang up for me... I have not had the problems with Pandora or either camera as some have.  I didn't get the notification but it was there when I checked manually and took about 45 minutes over wifi. Any one have other ideas for a super slow messaging problem??? At this point, it's a fail for me because I text a lot, and I'll see it hang on some ppl for only a couple seconds, others for several minutes before I get disgusted waiting and go it to click compose without being inside to see their last message.... Any suggestions or tips that mworked for you would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Jenn, apart from the messaging app now having a backup to SD option, I have successfully used SMS Backup+ to backup and restore my SMS to my Gmail account. I would suggest of messaging is seemingly the center of trouble either try deleting old messages from threads, or consider backing up all sms to your gmail account, reset, then restore just the 200 most recent messages for each thread.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Wolfpack486, I have word that our team has sent information to HTC, I will let you know when I hear more feedback. Thank you for letting know.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Jenn0811, did you see a reasonable relief of the lag after trying one of these two solutions?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat