cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint RELEASES THE EVO 3D ICE CREAM SANDWICH OTA UPDATE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint RELEASES THE EVO 3D ICE CREAM SANDWICH OTA UPDATE!

How is it that the VM 3D already has ICS it but Sprint customers do not?

Practically every network in the WORLD that carries the EVO 3D has updated their customers to ICS except Sprint!

Is it just greed? You know people want to be running the latest and greatest Android OS (ICS soon to be JB) so why not make them buy a new phone to do so.

You just want to sell a bunch of new LTE (Sprint Network Vision) phones w/ICS to poor saps who don't even know there is practically NO LTE network infrastructure in place! And I almost forgot they get the privilege of paying an extra $10.00 a month for the use of the practically non-existent network.

In the mean time you have customers that have been with you for many years getting ready to jump ship for business practices like this.

Just go to any Android forum and read some of the posts regarding Sprints EVO 3D & waiting for the ICS OTA. Your really ticking off your customers and from what I can tell you can ill-afford losing yet more of your customer base.

Release the update already, I know you have it! Don't ask how but I do.

I know this will probably never get read by any Sprint employee with any clout but at least I got to vent to my fellow frustrated 3D owners.

Now excuse me while I go stand by the railing of this ship.

Do the right thing Sprint, push the EVO 3D ICS OTA!

Sprint RELEASES THE EVO 3D ICS OTA UPDATE: 7/31/2012

Update released. Thread title changed.

202 REPLIES 202
Highlighted
Journeyman

at first i thought my update went smoothly.  then i discovered my photos, my music files and my new sounds were gone. guess i'll find out soon enough what else is missing.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Most people did not have these results with the update, when using a computer, or file explorer do you see any contents in lost.dir? how did you originally get all of the photos, music files, and "new sounds" into your SD card, where were they stored on card, and which file types were used?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd just like to report that I'm having the same issue as Wolfpack486. To sync work email, my company requires device encryption if possible, and I noticed that before I did that, 4G was definitely working. Afterwords I started having issues with 4G. It will say "Connecting to Sprint", then back to Scanning, then it just loops for a bit until it disconnects.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Thank you, this problem has been passed along to HTC for investigation.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Wizard

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the update, but somehow the whole SD card was erased. Any idea what would have caused this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi everyone!

This may seem random, But I am looking for the easter eggs on the evo 3d and cannot seem to find them. My mother has the galaxy s2, and when you go to the "About Phone" settings, and quickly tap "Android Version" multiple times, an 8-bit ics android picture pops up. I wasn't able to find any easter eggs on my phone for the previous android version either...

Does anyone know if the easter eggs exist on the *Sprint* Evo 3d, or did they (for some sad reason) not make it to this phone?

- Sidenote. I updated my phone earlier this morning to ics with no problems, and I love everything so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No; went with go SMS pro since it didn't get better, and some but not all pics came bac after unmount/mount sd card.

Highlighted
Journeyman

my main issues is the internet..... i use web view only jist as i did on gb but i get kicked off alot or it is blurru then take a while to clear up also when i leave a web page to say answer the phone or a text and go back the web page refreshes to the beginning all over again, also i cannot!! copy either. on FB i copy and paste stuff and I cannot copy anything. i can copy from my email n such never an issue on gb. any help?? i tried Chrome, wow it was like watching a Tv with no service snow action;) The speed and added features are nice but the web view issue is a big problemo

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've lost all my music.  It started with an error playback message then all my music just disappeared.  I tried unmount and mount which didn't work.  Any ideas as to what's going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues as ice.princess and Wolfpack486.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I work at a town where Sprint's service doesn't work well, so most of the time my phone is roaming when I'm at or around the office. The main impact I've noticed is that my phone has 0 bars or No Service most of the time since I migrated to ICS, rather than 1 through 3 bars.

Other than that, haven't found any issues (yet).

Highlighted
Journeyman

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN REMOVE MYSELF FROM THIS DISCUSSION. If you're having problems with ICS on your EVO 3D, create a new discussion. This particular one was for sprint's delay in ICS, not its problems post release.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat