ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint indoors?

Journeyman

Sprint indoors?

does sprint not do well indoors? i was at a sprint kiosk in the mall testing out the evo 3d and it only had one bar and took a long time to load a webpage (same thing with the sensation at the tmobile kiosk upstairs)... meanwhile, my stupid at&t iPhone 3G had full bars and was loading webpages faster... makes me real hesitant to switch

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Sprint indoors?

It's perfectly fine in doors, it wad probably a preproduction model that you used

Journeyman

Sprint indoors?

thanks for the response... that sucks, though. i'd like something reliable to compare against my current phone. i don't want to switch to something that isn't better. why would they use a crappy model for their demo unit?

Wizard

Re: Sprint indoors?

Phoenix215476 - The best way to test reliability is to take advantage of our 30 day guarantee.  You can activate the phone with a new number before porting your ATT number over and test out the services to ensure that the phone will perform to your standards.

Here are the details on the Sprint Free Guarantee

Journeyman

Sprint indoors?

i'd be paying for two phones for a month, but i guess that's the best way to be sure before switching and losing my unlimited plan with at&t... thanks for the help, d4v1d

Master

Most of the times (almost always) i have great service while indoors vs my friends with T-mobile or AT&T. If your house is a bit to high tech, and has a bad reception for Sprint, you can just request an Airave that will let you connect to Sprint via your home Internet connection (airave is free by the way if you explain that you don't have any service indoors in your house). I live in Vegas and 3G and 4G service is great outdoors, not so much in my house, but I got an Airave and never missed a call or dropped one.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

At work, I'm in an office that's kind of a bunker, with not a lot of windows.  I get a solid 3G signal, usually with 4 bars.  At home, I have been getting full or nearly full bars.  I've never gotten bad reception indoors.

I was recently at the L.A. convention center in one of the halls that's underground.  I was able to place and receive calls, but all my friends on AT&T and Verizon couldn't get a signal.

Journeyman

thanks for the replies. coverage quality varies so much from place to place. and i have such a long drive to and from work. i think the only way to be sure is to do what Sprint suggests and try a new number for 30 days... if it works out, port my existing number over before 7-23.

my next big worry is that i finally settle on a phone and then a month or two later, a phone i like better comes out

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat