Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TeleNav Update?!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Master

TeleNav Update?!

I love the new look, new features, and over all easy to use.... that if it worked.

All those good things but my GPS no longer get a signal. so I have a great app that does not do the main thing it is supposed to do GPS.

I wonder if I am the only one or other people have the same issue?

GPS signal hard to get, and very very but very slow.

Is there anyway I can get back to the old version???

HELP HELP HELP  

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: TeleNav Update?!

Why don't you use Google Maps? It has the turn by turn Navigation as well.

GrandMaster

i actually like Google Maps better than telenav..might just be that i got used to using it before i actually tried telenav... i use it pretty often

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I like the fact that TeleNav talks, and the purpose of this post was to understand what happened with TeleNav, is there any fix in the near future??

I also have many addresses stored in TeleNav, that I will use again, and going to another GPS software will be a lil pain.

I guess this post didn't get the attention of any of the Sprint Moderators, I just hoped they had any solution or if at least they new about this problem.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Give Google Navigation a try, even if you don't like it. It is free, so it costs you nothing to try it out.

If GPS works with Google Navigation, then you know the problem is with Telenav. If you get the same problems with Google Navigation, then you know the problem is with your phone, either the hardware or the software. If the problem is your phone, then only Sprint can help.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Master

I took a look over the GPS software's online and the coolest one I found was Sygic, really nice work on the 3D for the buildings.

As far as TeleNav, it is working again (not sure if the installation of the new program helped)

I have to admit I was very impressed with the Sygic, and now TeleNav looks very outdated lol.

Sygic is a paid app, they give you a seven day trial period. Just wanted people to know.

GrandMaster

Dj_Damjano wrote:

I like the fact that TeleNav talks, and the purpose of this post was to understand what happened with TeleNav, is there any fix in the near future??

I also have many addresses stored in TeleNav, that I will use again, and going to another GPS software will be a lil pain.

understandable...navigation also gives you turn by turn instructions/talk. i tried telenav a couple times but never did like it much. only thing i can think of for the time being is copy/paste those addresses to another navigation app until they fix telenav. you never know..you might end up liking the new one better

i took a quick look at Sygic and it looked pretty cool.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

seeing as how i havent used telenav much...does it give you a pic of your final destination once you arrive? i know google does..helps quite a bit when there are alot of places at that same address. not to mention the swivel view so you can pull that pic up turn it so you can see what all other things are around it just in case just about everything there looks the same lol

Journeyman

I have had no problems with telenav or gps. I prefer televav to google because there are some locations i have only been able to find with telenav. I do like google pic of destination, but again if it cant find what im looking for it is no use to me. I am running photon on 2.3.4 on 3g. Absolutely no problems

Journeyman

Uninstall in applications and reinstall. Should work fine Smiley Happy

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat