cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text entered in input field disappearing!!! Please Help

Journeyman

I've only had the Evo 3D for maybe a week and I've noticed now when I'm entering text in and I tap the space bar to separate words the text just entered disappears. The keyboard also disappears and when I attempt to get the keyboard back onto the screen, the screen will flash as if the keyboard was going to appear but nothing. The only way to temporarily stop this is to turn off the phone and then turn it back on and after a few successful texts it does it again. Also I noticed that this problem started after the last of the updates. Has anyone else had this issue?

3 REPLIES
Master

I am sorry you are having this problem.  Which keyboard are you using...the HTC touch keyboard or the Swype keyboard?  Can you try to remove/replace the battery to see if it will work right once the phone has restarted?

-John

Journeyman

It only does this when using the Swype keyboard. I took it in to a Sprint Store and they were unable to help since it does not happen all of the time.

GrandMaster

Re: Text entered in input field disappearing!!! Please Help

after doing the battery pull. if it happens again try long pressing in the text box. chose input method and switch it to whatever youre NOT using (swype,touch) then repeat that again but switch it back to whatever input method you were using and it should work fine. its a weird hiccup in the system that has yet to be figired out or repeated on demand

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.