cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting Problems

Journeyman

Texting Problems

Is anyone having problem with people receiving your texts or receiving texts from other sprint members?  The problem started with me last week.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Texting Problems

vtsuz,

Are you still having problems with your text messages?

Ray

Journeyman

Yes I am still having the problem.  It is mainly with another Sprint customer and they have the IPhone.

GrandMaster

have them double check how they have your number listed on their phone..check yours as well and make sure it has the area code and number listed and not just the number..there have been some issues lately with numbers losing area codes for some reason. if that doesnt work then both of you should delete each other out of your contacts and delete all your texts back and forth AND clear your call history in case their number is in there also...then both of you re add your numbers and try again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

I am having the same problem for the last 3 weeks.  Called Sprint a bunch of times, took phone in to repair, switched phones. To no avail.

Let me know if anyone canfix this.

Journeyman

Same thing has been happening to me with a few people.  I keep on contacting Sprint, they tell me my line is fine.  That its probably other person. The other person calls Sprint and they tell them the same thing.  They kept asking us both if we have each other blocked everytime sand this is getting ridiculous.  My contract is over at the end of the month and I'm thinking of switching because they haven't been helpful at all.

Journeyman

Ye I am. Keep.calling in and Sprint and they are not being helpful.  Keep telling me that it is the other persons line and mine is fine.  Then they tell the other person the same thing.  This has been on for weeks and is very frustrating.  My contract, which consists od 3 lines is up at the end of the month.  Thinking od switching because the lack of getting this fixed on Sprints part.

Journeyman

Are any of you using Google Voice????

If so I would un-associate it with your phone, uninstall that horrible spying app, and then try to text the people you can't exchange messages with.

I bet they will now work, same thing happened to me last month it was 100% google voice.

Journeyman

I don't used the Google Voice app but I do have a Google Voice account and have the texts come to my phone.  Do I just need to unassociate the Google Voice to my phone?

Journeyman

Yes, I can almost guarantee you its Google Voice.

Unassociate your phone, reboot it and try to text the person who isn't recieving your texts.  I bet it works.

Highlighted
Patron

I had this same problem for the last month.. you can read my post above for more info.  I finally realized that when I disconnected google voice from my sprint account the problems with delayed texts stopped.  I am very disappointed in this because I love google voice and used it almost daily for the last year.  I guess something went wrong in the last couple weeks.  I might try it again in a month or so, but using google voice wasn't worth the delayed text problems.

Journeyman

I'm having the same trouble. I recently had my EVO 4G replaced with an EVO 3D. Since then I've been getting text messages with timestamps with tomorrow's date. A hard reset did not clear it up. My dad and brother each have a iPhone 4s, they do not have that issue at all. What is up with my phone?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat