cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official "When will we get ICS" thread

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Official "When will we get ICS" thread

With the release of ICS today, the flood of "When will we get ICS" posts are most certainly coming. So how about a central thread that everyone can make demands know without cluttering up the whole forum?

I will go first:

So Sprint... When will you be releasing an ICS from for the EVO 4G and the EVO 4G 3D? The clock is ticking.. I fully expect a rom within 30 days, given the length of time you, and HTC have had access to SDK's....Get on the ball already! No wonder you are getting you butt kicked by Verizon....

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello!

At the moment, consider this "release" to be more of an announcement confirming the existance of Ice Cream Sandwich. Google has stated that the first device to get ICS will be the Galaxy Nexus which has yet to be released.  Additionally, the vast bulk of these software updates come from the device maker, not the carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

JPSquared wrote:

Hello!

At the moment, consider this "release" to be more of an announcement confirming the existance of Ice Cream Sandwich. Google has stated that the first device to get ICS will be the Galaxy Nexus which has yet to be released.  Additionally, the vast bulk of these software updates come from the device maker, not the carrier.

But why don't I have it RIGHT NOW????????!!!?!!?!?!??!!

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I tried. I really did.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its safe to say the EVO 4G wont be getting it...i doubt it would survive even sitting next to another phone that HAS it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

One of the articles I read suggested that Google was somehow trying to make it easier for manufacturers to get updates to 4.0 out faster. Of course, what "faster" means or whether or not they're right is anyone's guess.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

faster usually means more issues because it was rushed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat