cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive touch screen on my wife's 3d

Highlighted
Journeyman

It goes crazy, it starts opening apps, wont let you do anything, i have to remove the battery to be able to get back. Sometimes it just does not do anything, i went to the store but since they did not see the problem they were not able to help me. I have done several factory resets, including (on the last one) i did not install any of the apps just to see if i could find this was being doen by an app but still the same issue. WHat would be the next step??

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wizard

leonel.martinez,

My apologies for the issue. How frequently is this happening? Have you made sure the firmware is completely updated?

Regards,

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is random, i have the latest firmware and it actually started about a week ago....

Highlighted
Journeyman

leonel.martinez wrote:

It is random, i have the latest firmware and it actually started about a week ago....

I am not a Sprint representative nor even a phone tech, but on the off chance that a rogue or corrupted app or widget is causing some kind of truly bizarre performance problems (which might make the touch screen unresponsive or worse: respond to something you did seconds ago), did you try a factory reset with minimal apps?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

does it happen to be on the charger when this happens?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have done factory resets, no apps, minimal apps, also installing one by one as to just try and find out which is the one that is meesing my phone... Still no luck

And no i does go crazy randomly.. No necesarilly connected....

Highlighted
Journeyman

leonel.martinez wrote:

I have done factory resets, no apps, minimal apps, also installing one by one as to just try and find out which is the one that is meesing my phone... Still no luck

And no i does go crazy randomly.. No necesarilly connected....

Can you reproduce it on demand, or is it random?

Either way, you should probably take it in to a corporate store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

no i am not able to..

i guess the corporate store is the best answer.. thanks to all

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife's is having the same issue. Went to the store and they said $35 just for the tech to look at it. And if he couldn't fix it, then send to HTC for warranty replacement which we leave my wife without a phone for 2 weeks. Coming from T-mobile, they at least had a loaner phone program. Nothing like that from Sprint. Pretty sure the tech won't be able to fix it either.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you have the Total Equipment Protection plan on your account, it allows you to have your phone serviced and the $35 fee waived. Also, if the phone cannot be repaired, we will send you a replacement phone and give you 15 days to return the defective unit to us, ensuring you are not without a phone.  How long have you had your phone? If you are interested in the protection plan, you may be eligible to add it to your account once the phone is working properly again to avoid any future issues.

leonel.martinez:

Have you by any chance noticed that your hands have been wet or any water on the screen at all.  My screen will do these same things if there is any water on my hands or screen - even if I'm not touching it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unresponsive touch screen on my wife's 3d

This same issue happened to me starting a few days ago.  It is completely random and I can't reproduce it.  It seems like a section of the touch screen becomes unresponsive when typing.  I try to touch the "G" button but it always inputs "H."  When I turn the phone to landscape, the keyboard works fine.  It is highly annoying and making me very frustrated.  I have reset and pulled the battery. Has anybody found a reason for this?  It's like it is possessed.

Jason

Highlighted
GrandMaster

or have been recently wet and dried quickly. the moisture is still stuck in your skin.

only other times i have seen it was either a grounded out cord/charger or a rogue app that was messing with sense.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat