cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Breaks Swype Keyboard - Cannot Choose Language/Dictionary - "Please try again"

Journeyman

Update Breaks Swype Keyboard - Cannot Choose Language/Dictionary - "Please try again"

After the recent update my Swype Keyboard no longer functions.  During the update there was some text window but as I read it, it was closed.

Every time I try to use Swype, the message "Please try again" appears above the keyboard.

Diving into the settings of Swype, I notice there was no language listed.  Trying to change the default language brings up another empty dialog box with nothing to choose.

It appears the update did not load or broke the US dictionary.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on how to add the dictionary.

Thank you!!

-TK

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Update Breaks Swype Keyboard - Cannot Choose Language/Dictionary - "Please try again"

I had the same problem and the Sprint Customer Service was worthless, so do not waste your time. I tried the Chat and also called Toll Free. They wanted to set my phone back to factory defaults. Here is what I did:

Go to www.swype.com and get the swype downloader and download/install swype Beta 1.4. Sprint has no knowledge about this. I do not know if the issue was caused by swype, HTC or Sprint, but the only way I could get it to work is by getting the Beta. Apparently they are going to call all versions Beta, from now on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Update Breaks Swype Keyboard - Cannot Choose Language/Dictionary - "Please try again"

Thanks for the info. The Swype beta works great.

I would suggest to anyone - stay away from the update - not just because of Swype, but also if you know how to manage your data signal, the update is totally unnecessary. I only wish there was some way to revert my phone back to before the update!

It is a shame Sprint didn't thouroughly test the update before releasing it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat