cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice response for Voice dial - app needed.

Journeyman

Voice response for Voice dial - app needed.

HI,

We all know that the voice response for voice dial is missing from the HTC and android phones...   Well most of them...  Well - Mine (EVO 3D) and this is really unacceptable.

I need the feature where you give a voice command to call someone: ie. "Call John Doe at Home"

and the phone Voice Responds "Call John Doe at Home?" and you say "Yes" and it dials... or you say "NO" and it offers an alternative.

Every other phone I have had for the last 15 years has had this and I would like to find an app that actually does this

I am thinking it is not included with the EVO 3D and apparently many android/HTC phones. (windows and non smart phones do it...)  - because of Patent issues.  But you know what... I really don't care.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket app that does this SUCCESSFULLY?  Free or not?  (I do not have bluetooth yet... so Without Blue Tooth?   and with bluetooth for when I buy a new earpiece.)

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Voice response for Voice dial - app needed.

I never noticed before.  The only time I use voice dialing is through my bluetooth speaker while I'm driving.  And when I use voice commands with that, I get a voice response back. 

When using voice commands with the phone, I only get a text message asking for confirmation.

I have no answer for your question though.  Maybe if you use a bluetooth headset?

Master

There are lot of free Voice Dial apps available on  the Market/Google Play. Some of them you can try for free are  Jeannie/Hands-Free Voice Dialer (free)/Vlingo Virtual Assistant.

You can also try this app too -Voice Speed Dial $2.99. This innovative app is the perfect solution to make calls without needing your hands – when you're driving, walking, exercising, or doing other tasks. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial even allows you to use your Bluetooth headset (for Android 2.2 or above) to make calling safer when you're driving. The voice recognition is highly accurate because you create a "voice tag" in advance for each person you would like to call. It's quick, easy, and allows the app to recognize virtually any voice (there is no language barrier). (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberon.cvsd&hl=en). I have seen some good feedbacks for this app and if you don’t like this app you can get  "Full refund can be made within 48 hours after purchase. To request a refund, please send your order number to info@cyberon.com.tw".

Abe

Journeyman

You should have Google Voice Search with Voice Actions installed on your phone which will allow you to do this.  You can set it to activate if you hard press the search button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch&feature=search_result#?...

http://www.google.com/mobile/voice-actions/

Journeyman

May try it... but it might take 48 hours to enter all my contacts verbally.  Using Choice Dial + for the moment...  But it really does need a little tweaking to get it to work right.  The voice is abrassive too... although you can purchase more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apparently not all blue tooths do that.  Which one do you have?  and what phone?

Journeyman

I believe Google voice is a server side app.  Hence if you are not connected.. no voice commands.  Also... if memory serves correctly the ULA is insane... and no one in their right mind would agree to it if they read it.  But I could be wrong.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat