cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail sounds "scratchy"

Highlighted

When I first got my EVO 4g it also sounded scratchy, like a wire was loose or something and now the 3d has the same issue.  Its not a deal breaker but I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.  Last time this happened to the 4g they sent an update to fix it.  Hope they do the same with the 3d, assuming mine isn't an isolated case. Rick

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Master

Do you mean when playing it back on your device, or just listening to it through the headset speaker?  Please provide more information and we'll see if the Evo 3Ds here have the same issue.  Thanks!

The noise is coming through the phone just as if you were listening to a phone call, not on a headset or Speakerphone.  It has a kind of static sound like if there wires are shorting out but I don't think its mechanical because my live phone calls are fine.

Master

I think a good way to narrow the problem down is to try checking your voicemail from another phone.  Dial your cell # and when you hear the voicemail greeting press * and then enter passcode folowed by # key.  If the static is present then it's in the system/network and not coming from your device.  We may be able to do some things from the network side to clear it up,  reset your mailbox, cancel/resume your service, visual voicemail refresh, or a network ticket, etc... Please let me know what you find out.

I tried calling from another line and it sounded fine.  One of the reasons I posted hear was to find out if other people with the EVO 3d had the same problem.  It can't be a coincidence the same thing happened on my EVO 4g.  Thanks, Rick

Master

Is it scratchy when you dial 1 and listen to the system or is it scratchy when you access the visual voicemail application and play it back there?  I am testing an Evo 3d from our phone room right now to see if I can replicate the problem.

Master

I tested the voicemail application on this Evo 3D and it sounded perfect.  It wasn't scratchy at all.

I checked how it sounds in the set up program and that was fine.  Its only when I listen to a record message from someone who tried to call me.  I will try to update the app now.

It said the app was up to date.  It is something I can live with so I'll wait and see if gets better.  Thanks, Rick

Master

I guess it's only been officially launched 1 day.  I'm sure we'll have more updates to fix some bugs.  Thank you for your patience.  If I see any kind of known issue for it or an update for this, I will reply back to this thread.

Journeyman

I seem to be in the same boat.  I have 5 bars in a 3g area and all my phone calls are as you describe "scratchy" and some what choppy too.  Really annoying since my Pre doesn't sound that way.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat