cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW New 3D, Dual Core phone coming Feb 7th.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are the specs:

Glasses-free 3D, Android 2.2 Froyo device will be 4G WiMax support, 1GHz dual-core Nvidia  Tegra 2 processor, full-1080p video recording, front facing camera for  video chat, rear 8MP autofocus camera with flash.

All I can say is WOW, if this is true.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprint-to-showcase-a-glasses-free-3D-phone-on-Feb-7_id16313

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: WOW New 3D, Dual Core phone coming Feb 7th.....

This is a cool idea, very gimmicky if you ask me, but to each their own. I'm sure there is a market for this even though I am not one of them.

Those are some nice specs for a phone regardless of the 3D. If this is real hopefully the battery life has been improved too.

Journeyman

Well if it is a 3D handset that sprint is due to release on Feb 7th it is definetly not an "industry first" as they are making the event to be because my old service provider T-Mobile has already announced their plans to release a "3D" tablet with a dual core processor from LG. This will be part of the G series of phones including the G1 (the first android device in USA) and the G2, simply called the G-Slate. Look at it on the t-mobile website! now even though there is no mention of the screen actually being 3D but that there are dual cameras on the back to shoot videos in 3D. not bad for the big magenta, if only their networks data speeds were worth while.

http://mobile-broadband.t-mobile.com/android-tablet/g-slate?uid=Discover_1_5

asanchezness wrote:

Well if it is a 3D handset that sprint is due to release on Feb 7th it is definetly not an "industry first" as they are making the event to be because my old service provider T-Mobile has already announced their plans to release a "3D" tablet with a dual core processor from LG. This will be part of the G series of phones including the G1 (the first android device in USA) and the G2, simply called the G-Slate. Look at it on the t-mobile website! now even though there is no mention of the screen actually being 3D but that there are dual cameras on the back to shoot videos in 3D. not bad for the big magenta, if only their networks data speeds were worth while.

But are these glasses-free?

Journeyman

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

asanchezness wrote:

But are these glasses-free?

It won't matter.  The amount of data that will be required to stream to your phone simply can't be handled by any of the major US carriers at the moment.  Maybe with LTE (or if Sprint ever does get their act together and expand the WiMAX coverage beyond some small cities here and there) will allow for enough bandwidth to transmit the amount of data needed to make something like a true 3D experience possible.  Either that, or the phone's batter will need to essentially double in order to handle the power drain...pick one...and mind you neither are really going to happen anytime soon.  3-D phones may be cool, but they are far from practical...same with today's 3D tvs.

Journeyman

FAIL! it's feb 17 now. lol

Journeyman

Well hopefully this phone will be announced at Sprint's big CTIA conference this year.  CES and MWC were big disappointments, so I hope they come through for us at CTIA like they did last year with the announcement of the EVO 4G.  Who knows, we may get the LG Optimus 3D, it looks pretty cool.  Not too concerned with the 3D aspect of it but do like the thinner form factor and dual core processor.

Journeyman

It is the LG Optimus3D aka the Evo 3d here is who leaked the story. Ironicaly they leaked the David Blaine Echo story to.Lg Optimus 3D aka Evo 3d, Htc Flyer aka HTC Evo View, Nexus S aka Samsung Epic or something of the sort. I am definatley in for the the LG EVO 3d and maybe even the nexus.

http://phandroid.com/2011/03/06/sprint-to-have-blockbuster-outing-at-ctia-nexus-s-4g-evo-3d-htc-evo-...

Journeyman

Well considering the original EVO came out just prior to the Iphone last year it looks like Sprint saves its heavy hitters for pre Iphone announcemnt. The first phones where just jabs and faints ie Echo and the HTC 7 Pro and now they are starting to throw haymakers. If this holds true we can expect the same thing next year. I can agree with that strategy. Keep your cards covered until the last minute and then start throwing spades after the other guy thinks he has already won the game and then BOOM you throw the house at him. So if the line up is as follows:

1. Kyeocera Echo

2. HTC 7 Pro

3. LG Optimuse Evo 3D

4. Samsung Nexus S

5. HTC Flyer EVO View

This list does not look bad at all. It actually looks good.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat