cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the EVO 3D get 2.3.4

Highlighted
Journeyman

I find it strange that the EVO 4G when to 2.3.3 then a maintenance release for it, and then supposedly to 2.3.4, but the newest released EVO 3D came with 2.3.3.  Seems kind of backwards to me.  Buy a new device and get the older version of Andriod.  I am sure 2.3.4 is in the works, but is there any timeline?  Just curious and if so what does it add or improve upon?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

When device go in to acceptance testing the freeze the version of the software on the device.  Software devleopment goes on.  the device is released with the accepted software.  Updates to the software follow as needed for any problems the may have been discovered   A new version of the software once written then goes into acceptance testing  prior to release.

Highlighted
Master

Re: When does the EVO 3D get 2.3.4

Improvment from 2.3.3 - NOTHING

Look at this way, you got Sense 3.0 that EVO 4G does not have, and that makes a big diff on the displaying or WOW effect of the software

Enjoy your EVO 3D

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Trust me, I am enjoying it.  Part of the reason I upgraded from the 4G.  Well that an the fact the my 4G died last monday and they gave me and early upgrade.   Just found it strange that for the new 3D they would not go with the latest.  I do find it odd that the older 4G jumped 2 version upgrades in the last month though.  I was looking around and did not really see much to new enhancements or features for 2.3.4 so its probably not a big deal either way.  Still glad I picked up the 3D and more glad that I am not having the issues others have.   Only problem I have has was that the Sense UI locked up one time and then kept rebooting.  I had to pull the battery and have have had no issues since.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would hope that we'll see 2.3.4 for the security fixes soonish.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well if you look into the 2.3.4 is about really the main reason.

That patch is only really if you are connecting to un-secure wifi network

If you are on the provide data srevice it is secure. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

What about Google Talk viseo chat? That is supposed to be included in 2.3.4, although I think it was blocked on the Evo View 4G. I'm  really looking forward to that feature as the front facing camera is kinda useless to me otherwise. My family uses this to video chat on the computers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Word up people. News flash! I downgraded to my recent evo4g, and got the upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3, and there is NOT a 2.3.4. This is the latest update of which I got about 3 days ago. The 4gevo , beats usability, and fnctionality over the 3d anyday or time, and beats the 3d on charge time, and call quality or volume.

Message was edited by: UMUCUGRAD

Highlighted
Master

UMUCUGRAD wrote:

The 4gevo , beats usability, and fnctionality over the 3d anyday or time, and beats the 3d on charge time, and call quality or volume.

Well I think you didn't really used the 3D to the fullest since usability and functionality is user based, and I know for a fact that 4G has many issues with Server E-mails, slow response and poor battery performance. And as far as the charge time, from empty to full in 2 hrs with phone ON and using it for e-mails. I give you the Volume issue, even though while on the phone, Bluetooth, or connected to the car, the 3D has a much clear sound.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Wizard

UMUCUGRAD wrote:

Word up people. News flash! I downgraded to my recent evo4g, and got the upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.3, and there is NOT a 2.3.4. This is the latest update of which I got about 3 days ago. The 4gevo , beats usability, and fnctionality over the 3d anyday or time, and beats the 3d on charge time, and call quality or volume.

Message was edited by: UMUCUGRAD

4G's back speaker is louder.  I do miss that.  But for everything else, the 3D comes out ahead.  Sense 3.0 is a big improvement over the UI on the 4G.  I love the customizable lock screen.  The processor is a powerhouse.  I loaded up a 300 page pdf file on both the 4G and 3D.  In the time that I scrolled through a dozen pages on the 3D, the 4G was still trying to resize the first page.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my 4G, I just couldn't go back after 2 weeks on the 3D.

Highlighted
Journeyman

there's tons of complaints about the speaker on tmobile's sensation message board... guess htc is going cheap on the speaker now

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat