cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not send a text?I keep getting try again later Cause code 97 Error code 3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why can I not send a text?I keep getting try again later Cause code 97 Error code 3.

Like the title says,i can recieve texts,also can make and recieve phone calls just not able to send  texts.Phone is up to date with software.

Thanks

Rob

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Have you tried power cycling the device by  removing the battery for 1 minute and replacing.  Error 97 is inability to originate a message.  This can be caused by several things .  Including a block on outgoing messages.  If Power cycling the device does not help call customer service  from a phone other than the one you are having problems with  and we can trouble shoot the  issue for you 

Journeyman

The power cycle unfortunatly did not work.I do not have access to another phone currently,would my local sprint store be able to troubleshoot this issue?

Journeyman

Just wanted to update that it was a network issue in my area.thanks for your help

Journeyman

I have the same issue (Cause code: 97 Error class: 3). I have literally been on the phone for more than 5 hours w/ tech support over the past 2 days. I finally got them to commit to a replacement phone and after getting it activated it surprisingly enough I still have the same issue. I have been told by 7 different tech reps that it was not possible to be Sprint’s issue, it is a phone issue or something that I changed.   T-Mibile is looking better by the minute ;(

Journeyman

Re: Why can I not send a text?I keep getting try again later Cause code 97 Error code 3.

GO TO YOUR SETTINGS, AND THEN DATA. TAKE A LOOK AT THE LITTLE SLIDES ON THE DATA GRAPH. CHANCES ARE THAT THEY'RE VERY CLOSE TOGETHER ALLOWING YOU ONLY A LIMITED AMOUNT OF DATA USAGE. ANOTHER POSSIBILITY IS THAT THE RIGHT SLIDER IS JUST TOO FAR TO THE LEFT; SLADE IT TOWARDS THE RIGHT TO EXPAND YOUR AVAILABLE DATA. ANYONE CAN CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, BUT I BELIEVE THIS IS USED FOR FOLKS THAT DON'T HAVE UNLIMITED DATA SO THAT THEY DON'T BLOW OVER THEIR ALLOWANCE.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat