cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

Journeyman

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

I can't play youtube videos on the HTC EVO 3d...

even the sprint app does nt alw me to play any videos ...

Why should I even use this phone?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Wizard

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

CHALASANISANDEEP1,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone. Before offering any kind of suggestions I would like to get some more information on it, have you ever been able to play Youtube videos before? If so when did the issue start happening? What's the exact error you receive when trying to stream a video? Are you able to browse and access internet websites just fine? Have you tried any troubleshooting yet such as removing battery/putting back in?

Highlighted
Journeyman

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

I bought the phone just three days ago ...I can browse and search the youtube app....and when I try to play I get " There was a problem while playing" error.

coming to trouble shooting ..my phone rebooted several times and frozed within a hour of purchase. So I had to take it to Sprint store next day morning, and they just RESET my phone.

even now I have the rebooting problem with my phone.

specifically about the Youtube app...I have also tried installing the app from market, but it did not help me much ..

I was able to watch the Youtube videos only in the browser using Desktop site, not the mobile site.

I even had issues playing the videos in Sprint TV& Music app.

Highlighted
Wizard

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

CHALASANISANDEEP1,

This sounds like a known issue we had related to streaming videos a while back, I'm going to send you a private message to gather some contact information and I would like to try a solution we have to resolve that which includes going into the phones programming and changing a couple of network settings.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

I've been having the same problem on a Samsung Epic for over a month now.  Can you message me the solution as well?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

I'm also experiencing issues, and although I can see the videos, most of the times I get an error after it plays for some time, and it just closes the youtube application.  I called Sprint, they sent an updatem and nothing.  I stopped by the store, they reset my phone but still the same issue.  Is it related to my phone, the software, data signal, or what is the issue? 

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

Hello,

The issue CHALASANISANDEEP1 was experiencing that's now resolved was related to a network configuration bug, which there is a work around for however the work around does require someone walking you through the process due to needing a code for accessing internal phone programming menu. If you believe you're having the same issue you can private message me by clicking on my Calvin & Hobbes avatar and click on send private message, I would be glad to help you out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im having to same issue with my evo 3d. My Youtube worked fine until a few days ago. Now when i try to stream a video, I get an error message. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Wizard

DONALDNELSONJR,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry you're having issues with the Youtube application. Have you tried any basic troubleshooting yet such as power cycling the phone, removing the battery/putting it back in, clearing the cache on the Youtube application itself by going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Show all/sort All then look for the Youtube application and select clear cache? If you haven't tried those I would suggest trying those first, also what's the exact error message you're receiving when trying to stream a video? A small number of customers may experience streaming issues related to a network configuration software bug that can easily be resolved by correcting a couple of settings in the phones programming. If you're still having the streaming issue even after the above steps have been performed, I can send you a private message and contact you and walk you through correcting the issue. Just let me know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Shane,

I think I having the same issue, I can browse youtube but when trying to see a video, it's not showing... I updated youtube in the market, ereased the cache and re-started the phone but none seems to be the right solution. Could you please help me with the adjustments you mention in previous posts?

Thank you so much !

Highlighted
Journeyman

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

I had the Youtube issue on my 3D also. It would work on Wifi but not 3G, a factory reset fixed it for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

YOUTUBE VIDEOS ERROR

Hello shane,

i just got my Evo 3d, and its having the same problem, would you please send me the information that would solve this problem? thank you

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat