cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable netflix on my evo 4%

Journeyman

Can someone please tell me how I can watch my netflix on my phone without any problems?

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

Hello!

Unfortunately the Netflix app is not compatible with the Gingerbread update for the EVO 3G at this time. A fix is in the works and will hopefully be available soon.

Wizard

Hello MARKCONVINGTON5,

What kind of problems are you having and what version of the Android software are you running? I do know there is a known issue right now with Netflix and 2.3 (Gingerbread) but other than that haven't heard of many issues with Netflix.

Journeyman

Cool thanks

Wizard

This is a question we get a lot, as it's a pretty popular feature. If you like, I can update this thread when I hear something more concrete than "soon". I'm personally waiting for Netflix to release a version that will work with the Epic, so I'm in a similar boat.

Journeyman

The issue isn't with Gingerbread, but with the Sense UI. If you Google around, people running Evo's without Sense are perfectly capable of using Netflix while on GB. Netflix will fix this since our devices are popular and a large chunk of the Android end-user spectrum. Just be thankful that it's not a hardware specification issue(i.e. Epic - since they're still rolling out onto specific devices for the time being).

Journeyman

thanks

Wizard

There should now be an device update available to fix the Netflix issue as well as the Voicemail indicator issue that was already reported. The update will be pushed down from the network and prompt you to update, but if you haven't gotten it yet, you can manually pull it down by go to:

Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update > Check Now

Thanks for your patience while we got this resolved!

Journeyman

No update available on my Evo...yet.

Journeyman

1:30pm EST - still waiting. seems the moderators removed the original thread about this.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello, the update is being pushed out.  When updates go out over the air (OTA) they are pushed in batches through GOTA's servers (Google Over the Air).  It will get there, they are being pushed. You can also power cycle your device to see if that will trigger your update also.  This just worked for a co-worker of mine. 

Wizard

Key word? Yet.

You can keep manually checking every now and then or you can wait for the update to pop up on the phone, but there are a lot of EVOs out there to get the update loaded in the servers for.

We will get you taken care of, but it might just be a little bit before it's your turn.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat