cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i prevent some dork from texting me... i can block him from calling but not texting...

Go to solution
Journeyman

how can i prevent some dork from texting me... i can block him from calling but not texting...

i cant deal with this problem anymore anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: how can i prevent some dork from texting me... i can block him from calling but not texting...

Thanks for posting.

You can block someone from texting you directly from your phone.

Text BLOCK 123-456-7890 (insert the actual phone number you want blocked) to the number 9999 then send. You will receive a reply text message letting you know the number you entered is blocked from texting you and you also will not be able to text them. Hope this helps.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: how can i prevent some dork from texting me... i can block him from calling but not texting...

only1ruth.e wrote:

Thanks for posting.

You can block someone from texting you directly from your phone.

Text BLOCK 123-456-7890 (insert the actual phone number you want blocked) to the number 9999 then send. You will receive a reply text message letting you know the number you entered is blocked from texting you and you also will not be able to text them. Hope this helps.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Thanks for the heads up. One of my frustrations with my last carrier was that there was no way to do what you just described.

Journeyman

we don't have the number, he only texts her.

GrandMaster

no number pops up in the texts as to who its from? and if he's using something like imessage or something like that im not to sure it can be blocked. what type of phone is she using? you also will need to change your screen name away from what im guessing is your phone number..everyone and their mom can now see it. through a computer hover your cursor over the mysprint at the top of the page. 3rd column should have the option to change this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat