cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ics update internet browser is slow and buggy

Highlighted
Journeyman

ics update internet browser is slow and buggy

yep slow and buggy. battery dies fast, much faster than old gengerbread... how do you uninstall the update? anyone?

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: ics update internet browser is slow and buggy

Get Firefox.  Less buggy than the new Chrome browser that came with this ICS build, and faster than the stock browser.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox

Journeyman

Chrome is a market download!

Journeyman

Chrome is worse than original browser. mine is constantly lagging and I cannot copy from web pages i always view in web form only.  if i leave the web page lets say to answer textl/call it reloads the page ALL over as before it took me back to where i was...... anyone else having web view issues??

Journeyman

ok so the new browser that came with the evo 3d ics update is crome eh, well its trash. the most used app on the phone is the browser, please make it the best app on the device, not the worst! im checking out fire fox. and does anyone else have to constantly pick their preferred default action now?

Journeyman

cbrome is a dl browser it sucks, the stock browser sucks too with the ics..... i live on my phoneSmiley Sad  Glad to know its not just me

Wizard

Why don't you guys go with Dolphin HD browser.  I've been using it for several years.  It works great.  App load quickly.  Pages load quickly.  Handles flash videos without issue. 

Journeyman

ur using dolphin with ics?

Journeyman

and in Web view?? i dont use mobile view

Wizard

I use Dolphin HD browser in desktop mode exclusively (I can't stand mobile view).  It's set as my default browser.  I have updated my 3D to ICS.

Journeyman

I think we need a revised update or something,because I've seen more problems with the ics update than the Ginger bread.  And I've seen people beg and complain about when is the update coming out, Why no update yet, and stuff.. Iihave no  problem being out -of-date if my device runs better than yours! And I too live on the phone, I'm  thinking about finding a new home.  The ics update is OK in areas, but overall  performance is as laggy as old super glue that you hope can get the job done, but find out it's a rock, and it's time to buy another tube.

Journeyman

i dl it and I cant get it into desktop mode. lol

its resetting too when i open it back up thoughSmiley Sad keeps throwing me to mobile view

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat