Master

02/14 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 4.13.651.3

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update  - 4.13.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Android 4.3

- HTC Sense 5.0

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 4.13.651.3

- Update only available as a downloadable RUU file rather then OTA. Update is approximately 800+mb in size. Update needs to be executed from a compatible computer with the phone connected via USB. Update takes approximately 10minutes to complete. Update WILL erase all content on phone, Ext SD card is safe.

Update can be downloaded from the following link,

http://t.co/tKdZZSqdo6

For the article on the story,

Manually install Android 4.3 on your HTC EVO 4G LTE with HTC's blessing | Android Central

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
58 REPLIES 58
Journeyman

Re: 02/14 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 4.13.651.3

what is the best way to back up the content on my phone before I upgrade it?

Journeyman

It's being reported in other forums that installing this RUU disables data roaming (i.e. phone will not get data when roaming and all settings regarding data roaming are missing).  Can anyone confirm this?

Those working with the early test releases found the xml settings file where data roaming was disabled, and apparently no changes were made by HTC in subsequent releases.    Is this an indication of some future policy change at Sprint regarding roaming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too installed the RUU obtained from the link given via the HTC Twitter account. This was 24 hours ago, and i can confirm there is no roaming data at all. You can make a call while roaming, but will not connect. Have been looking for a way to fix this problem, hopefully they will simply apply an OTA fix now that the phone is one large partition.

Master

I believe the beta release I'd this exact same version. Since there were no huge issues, they pushed it out. It's believed that and a couple other issues, like the live wallpapers will be pushed out as an OTA update.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

smotrs,

Has there been any "official" confirmation anywhere that the voice data/roaming issue will be addressed with an OTA? 

It just seems kind of crazy to me that an RUU would be pushed out with such a significant flaw. 

Master

yournanme,

Let's take a look into this for you further. Which device model do you currently have?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Smotrs,

Thanks for posting this! Let me know if you have any concerns I can assist with.

SarahG

Social care

Master

No official confirmation that I have seen. Only what I've heard from others and experienced first hand.

--

Master

So far, nothing major.

Issue with data roaming not working.

Issue with camera sound being activated again, even with volume level off.

Issue with some live wallpapers force quitting.

Few others, but again, nothing major that couldn't be fixed with an OTA update.

--

Master

Few options available. Titanium Backup, MyBackup Pro and a few others. Depends on what your looking to backup.

Data (contacts, phone log, sms, mms,etc), apps and app data. I've never really worried about app data, if I lose all my info on Andy Birds, so be it. Most good apps have options to backup, sync or site information on the SD Card or internet. But there are still a few that don't. Best you can hope for is that trying one of the backup tools will work.

--

Journeyman

I am having the same issue with data dropping off. I have an Evo 4g lte and just updated with the new ruu 4.3.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat