cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02/14 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 4.13.651.3

Journeyman

Re: 02/14 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 4.13.651.3

It was reported on Android Central last week that there will be no OTA update. It's message board info, so take it for what it is worth.

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Still nothing about this update on the "official" HTC page for the EVO 4G LTE,  no kernel source or other downloads available for this update at htcdev.com, and nothing about this update on the support page at Sprint

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_EVO_4G_LT...

Very strange.

For me, the lack of roaming data is a show-stopper. It is bad enough that Sprint limited roaming to 1XRTT for consumer accounts  This is like piling on...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Data roaming being turned off, in my opinion in not a minor problem. It is a HUGE problem, hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Journeyman

As of this morning, the RUU download link is dead.  Not sure what to make of that, but I'm hoping it means that the roaming issue and other issues that have been noted in various forums will be fixed, and another RUU released.

Journeyman

Chatting with HTC support, they are having put my phone in cdma mode only. They don't seem to know anything about the 4.3 update and issues related to the update.

Master

aabelch22,

Thanks for post. Have you done any power cycles off/ on with the device? Also try a data profile update. This will help stabalize the device on the network. You can find the update option via settings. Let us know if you're still having an issue.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

I noticed that myself yesterday. Was checking to see if the update was still downloadable, but it kept coming up 404.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I installed the update last weekend. Over the course of the week I have noticed several problems:

• Don't receive incoming calls - I may need to visit the Sprint Store this afternoon for a reset
  • Wi-Fi has several times shut itself off. Would notice no WiFi connection and going into settings would find the slider in the "Off" position.
  • Poor data connections. Now only getting 3G service in areas that previously were solid 4G service. Maybe due to the data roaming issue??
  • "Home" button does not work. The display does not return to the home screen when displaying one of the other 6 screens. It only causes the screen to flash.

Chuck

Journeyman

Just as an update - I did the ##72786# reset and was successful. I now receive incoming calls again. I had tried this several times the other day and it did nothing, but it seems to work now.

Chuck

Master

For your WiFi issue, go into Settings > Power, and turn off 'Sleep Mode'. Lastly, go into WiFi > Advanced, and turn on 'Keep WiFi on during sleep'.

Let me know if that helps.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

For your poor data connection issue, gave you tried updating Profile and PRL? See if that helps.

--

Master

For the Hinge button, have you verified the screen you want as Home I'd actually assigned Home? To check, pinch on any screen and see where the Home icon is. Or you can access it under Settings > Personalize > Customize Home Screen.

--

Master

Err, Home button, not Hinge. Wish the mobile page allowed editing.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat