cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02/14 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 4.13.651.3

Journeyman

Re: 02/14 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 4.13.651.3

I read in several places that the update was for a Nexus just as you previuosly said. That would explain why it is not recognized by the phone. Also another indication that this release was not ready and contained flaws.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read the same. Agreed. There was an update to the 4.13.651.3 though. Emailed to a few on XDA. It's 4.13.651.4 » kinda interested in whether that sees our phones or not. Said to be a roaming fix and other bits.

Patron

Anyone have any updates on 4.13.651.4?  I would love to get the update, but the data roaming issue seems big to me.  The XDA info seems a bit over my head in terms of knowing whether the RUU there for 4.13.651.4 works on a stock phone so I don't want to brick anything.

Journeyman

I'm on .4 Wish I hadn't updated. I have to S-OFF to go back. I went from Sense 4 (whatever the most current OTA update in December was) to .3-broke data roaming-then .4 which fixed data roaming but partially broke my dialer. This may just be my phone because I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it. Rerunning the RUU seems to have fixed it. It's somewhat smoother and seems to manage its own memory more efficiently..but the radio is just as good as it was in the last December update (as good as it gets with this phone anyway) The camera shutter sound is also back -.-

You can find a dl link for .4 on androidcentral but I'd stick with what you have unless you don't mind tinkering..

Master

I never got to .4, I picked up a ONE M8.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Patron

because is a RUU (ROM Update Utility) update, not  a OTA (Over The Air) Update, need to download a file to your computer and install the new version, this version comes with new Bootloader, new radio, new android and new sense, so its almost impossible to put a OTA update, just follow the instructions and you'll got it. REMEMBER: mmake a backup first of your apps, contacts and SMS becuase the RUU will delete all your phone, not your sdcard.

Master

Also, the update wiped the entire internal hard drive and repartitioned it, giving the owner the full hardrive to use rather then X for media, X for software, X for OS, etc...

Because of the repartitioning, the update could not reside on the phone during the upgrade process. Hence it had to be downloaded and executed from a PC.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Any one seen a .5 version yet from HTC? I am working from .4 and would like to see them get this behind them.

Master

TH4RO,

I understand your anticipation. I don't have any word on updates at this time. Check www.sprint.com for news and information. In the meantime let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

-- Laura, Sprint Social Care
Master

Interestingly, HTC is no longer listing the 4.3 EVO LTE update status on the webpage,

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

That's kind of disheartening.

--

Journeyman

No lie there.  Very disheartening.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat