Did you mean: 

1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3

Highlighted
Wizard

1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update  - 3.16.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Proximity sensor improvements while on a call or listening to voicemail

- Ability to output audio/video to HDTV (and other external displays via MHL cable) 

- WiFi Connection improvements

- Bluetooth compatibility improvements 

- Android process/application shutdown resolved

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 3.16.651.3

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. 
- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

40 REPLIES
Master

Re: 1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3

Changelog is the same as last months JB update. Why wasn't the changelog updated to show this updates changes? I'm not talking about this thread, I'm talking about the Update notification on the phone which shows last months changelog instead of what was changed in this update.

For example,

• Proximity Sensor Adjustments (now shown above)
  • Shutter Sound Silencing
  • Voicemail Improvements

just to name a few.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I am not seeing the option to turn the shutter sound off, even in the general phone sound menu. Sadly, the garbled screenshot issue when sending via sms still isn't fixed.

Edit: You have to turn the ringtone volume down all the way before taking a picture for the shutter to not make any sound.

Journeyman

Sadly still no improvement in finding/preferring 4G service, though the other changes are welcome.

Journeyman

They need to fix the issue where if you are using the HTC Car dock and receive a call, the device tries to route audio through Bluetooth even if Bluetooth is not turned on. It effectively just mutes your call. It worked just fine before on ICS.

I don't like going back to having to pick up my phone to talk to my wife while driving. It's not safe and against Sprint's stated goal of avoiding distracted driving.

Master

Regarding shutter sound, correct, this is how it was before the JB update. The JB update made it permanently on, this update allows it to be disabled again.

Regarding images in MMS, I've been complaining about this since the phone first came out. We've had 4 updates now and not one has addressed this issue.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Here is the answer I got from HTC when I e mailed about Navigation crashing and screen going black during calls...TALK ABOUT BS !!!

Thanks for contacting HTC Technical Support Center, in regards to the Google navigation feature not working on your phone.

I am sorry to hear that you are undergoing this situation, I understand how inconveniencing this is for you, and I know this is not allowing you to fully enjoy the device.

Allow me to reassure you that we are committed to delivering a great customer experience. As such, we investigate all reported issues. If a hardware or software change is found to improve a customer experience, it will be deployed according to our standard, required processes.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and appreciate your patience as we work to investigate this issue.

I like to thank you for your continuous support of our products and services.

Remember that should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

Journeyman

Calling that an "answer" is being a little too generous, I think.

Master

I agree, that is very generous. Unfortunatley, I don't think there is much HTC will be able to do. Technically, since Google Maps is a 3rd party app, we may have to enlist help from Google for a fix.

Before the update this morning, I used GMaps coming to work, 45min trip and it worked fine. Gonna try it again going home see if there is any change.

--

Master

BTW, try pressing the Compass Icon to lock in North, it will switch to Birds Eye View ,but I've heard it works at that point. Doesn't make the app as useful, but see what happens when you try it.

--

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.