Did you mean: 

1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3

Highlighted
Wizard

1/31 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.16.651.3

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update  - 3.16.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Proximity sensor improvements while on a call or listening to voicemail

- Ability to output audio/video to HDTV (and other external displays via MHL cable) 

- WiFi Connection improvements

- Bluetooth compatibility improvements 

- Android process/application shutdown resolved

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 3.16.651.3

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. 
- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Master

SimPull is the act of performing a Simulated Battery Pull since we are unable to do so physically.

To perform, press and hold the power button for about 10+ seconds. You'll see the capacitive buttons at the bottom flash several times before it actually shutsdown.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Patron

any improvement for the LTE scanning???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated my phone yesterday and now it blows.  I am having the following issues:

• It will not perform a reboot - it freezes and I have to manually shut it down and then power it back on
  • I can no longer access my pictures - it freezes as soon as I choose one and I have to reboot to unlock my phone
  • I can no longer access my gmail - same issue - it freezes and I have to reboot
  • I can no longer access the google play store, so I cannot update any apps nor can I get any new apps loaded.

I have already done a factory reset (FOUR times now) - which did not remove this update.  How can I get rid of this super crappy update and go back to the one previous that seemed to actually work for me?  I am beginning to hate this phone that I loved so much...

Highlighted
Master

Yes, LTE Scanning appeared to be better after the 3.15 update, haven;t noticed a change with the 3.16 update.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Unfortunately, once the update is on the phone you can't get rid of it. Are you sure your using 3.16 and not 3.15? There were a number of issues with the 3.15 update which the 3.16 update fixed for the better. This is the first I've heard of someone having these kind of issues with the 3.16 update.

When you did hte Factory Resets, did you reinstall all your previous Apps or did you try the items in question with a stock phone?

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC still hasn't added HTC Sense Notes . 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have also noticed on updates that photos can no lnger be zoomed in on downlaoded ones as they used to could be.

Highlighted
Master

I believe this is all related t othe same issue with images attached to messages. They are coming in at reduced sizes/resolutions that there is no detail left.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know the status about this phone going too android 4.2.2 with sense 5.0? The last I heard that it would be final major update due too specs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

sources said sprint approved the 4.2.2 Sense 5 update

Update should be rolling out this friday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Friday came and went. Still no update? Most with EVO LTE were direct port over from EVO WiMax. Paid our dues, paid on time, and stood by the LTE debacle. I think it's time we get the 4.2.2/ sense 5 update with LTE radio patch/fix. Atleast some info! Please!

Highlighted

I read somewhere that the LTEVO won't get that update. I'm not 100% on this, so I'll see if I can find the article again and post back.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat