cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/02 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.17.651.4

66 REPLIES
Master

Re: 10/02 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.17.651.4

bleachback, You can try refreshing your network information by hitting ##72786# from the phone application.  The phone will ask permission to refresh it's network settings, reboot and update a couple of times.  If the 3.17.651.4 update still won't come through without an issue, I would have the phone looked at in a service and repair facility.  They may be able to get it to push manually.  - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

this update is ridiculous, it never goes away! I clicked on it to install it and nothing happens, my phone sits there all day and night, one day I let it sit for two days and I had to do a hard shut off. and no matter what it still says update ready to install... how do I get rid of this cancer?

Master

danbritton12,

Thank you for the post. I am sorry to hear this. Is there anything we can do for you at this time?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

yea wel doesn't matter no more to many issues with HTC evo 4g lte I had to replace them many many times. . screw them

Master

inconsolable_me, 

Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site and providing feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you are receiving a more stable and consistent LTE signal with your LG G2. In regards to a signal booster, are you referring to the Sprint Airave? If so, the Airave is only able to support 3G services and would not improve on a LTE signal. I hope you found this information helpful. For more information on the Sprint Airave device, please feel free to visit: www.Sprint.com/Airave  

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

I think so. I've moved over to the LG G2 though, so I probably won't be over here much anymore. I know that the LTEVO and G2 are two completely different devices (loving the G2, by the way) so I won't even try to compare them. BUT, as far as getting LTE signal, the G2 seems to get and keep it much better in my house. As I've posted before, I've always had at least some issues with getting LTE inside my house. That continued right up until I switched. The new one holds the signal even in the back part of the house. I was surprised. I talked to a rep the other day and found out that the nearest tower is about a mile and a half from my house, right where I thought it was. I remember that when it first went up, I was at work and actually used LTE on my EVO for the first time. Very excitedly, might I add. This makes me wonder about signal boosters. Does anyone know if they really work? Has anyone tried one on the LTEVO?

GrandMaster

i havent heard of to many rumors as of lately..i know some reported having issues picking up a LTE signal but that was while comparing it to a completely different phone next to theirs..well in some cases..out the gate this phones specs showed its antenna had a bit weaker of a antenna than its former HTC phone..so maybe they ment that instead of bug...dunno..

Maybe they mean that whole antenna thing for the LTEVO. Remember that? I don't really get the rest, but as far as 4.3 for the LTEVO, everything I've seen, read, and heard points to a January 2014 testing and a possible February release.

GrandMaster

what LTE bug?

Journeyman

the LTE bug is NOT software, its hardware. if you want a update to 4.2 or 4.3? ROOT YOUR PHONE & CHANGE THE ROM!! that's it! on december is 16 month, in February 2014, will be officially discounted!!!!!