cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/02 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.17.651.4

Journeyman

Re: 10/02 - HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update - 3.17.651.4

I waited many months for 4.2 and sense 5, now all we get is this? How lazy can sprint gets when the one x already has it. This is suppose to be sprint's flag ship phone and yet we get no proper update. I am gonna send that pos evo lte to Dan and ask him where is my 4.2 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you guys.  Bought the Evo LTE one year ago, and now it's being given away for free.    All the smack I talk about Iphones, they sure do hold their value quite well when it comes time to trade your phone in for a credit.  I just may get one.     I too wonder why Sprint's flagship phone is just going away.   I also think this will be my last HTC phone as well.   I've stayed with Sprint out of loyalty, but I am seriously looking around at other carriers.    It's kind of a kick in the head paying an extra $10 a month for LTE service, but once the towers in my area were upgraded my service has gone to crap.   Sometimes my wife will call me and the phone won't even ring or light up, then all of a sudden I'll have a voicemail from her.

Just love all the dropped calls as well.   Sure Sprint's plans may be cheaper, but cheaper isn't always better.

Journeyman

i received it yesterday simply by going to  update software. I  will say that after getting it and the new PRL 55016 I barley get 4G where I used to get it, home work etc.. in fact it seems that the radio is rather crap.

Journeyman

I feel the same way.  This is disappointing.  I stayed out of loyalty and now I'm leaving because its insane to pay for this kind of abuse or neglect.  I will go to MetroPCS and pay half the price for better service.  I am forced to use my house phone more than my cell in this great age of technology.  Shame on you Sprint.

Journeyman

Just got the update. I see no major changes in contacts, messages, settings menus, home and lock screens, sounds, etc. Can anyone explain what this update actually contained in laymen terms?

Journeyman

Journeyman

Ok so my phone still isn't going to work with the Fitbit app using bluetooth 4.0. HTC.... I think I am jumping ship the begining of next year when my contract is up. Sigh....

Master

One thing NOT mentioned in any of the articles is that it fixes the MMS issue that was persistent since day one. Don't know what I'm talking about? Read the "MMS Sucks on this phone" thread.

Re: MMS Sucks on this phone   

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

One thing NOT mentioned in any of the articles is that it fixes the MMS issue that was persistent since almost day one. Don't know what I'm talking about? Read the "MMS Sucks on this phone" thread.

Re: MMS Sucks on this phone   

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

good luck even getting a responce. to them we are just the cash

Journeyman

as they say now a days get what u pay for..Smiley Sad

Journeyman

Appears this maintenance update was in fact a precursor to Jellybean 4.3 and Sense 5.

Bless you Sprint, Bless you HTC, for looking out for the loyal EVO community.

Update by end of year as per CEO HTC USA Jason Mackenzie

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2470247

maintenance update did fix my mms issue. I used to have to go through at least 15 steps to attach a picture but now I don't have to do that any longer. On a side note.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat